Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Having made a mess of dietary guidelines they are about to make a new mess

  1. #11
    Super Member Mamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Village in rural Lancashire
    Posts
    12,464

    Default

    The problem with all such figures is that they cause all sorts of stress because people cant stick to them. We know if we're getting the right amount of sleep and telling us we're not doesn't help.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Mannity View Post
    They'll be sending Sleep Hygiene teams to your house to make sure you're asleep when you should be and shooting you full of sedatives if you're awake.
    That sounds about right Hugh and it is unlikely that sedation and sleep have anything in common apart from the not being awake bit. This is what happens when the turnip tops are in charge!
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamie View Post
    The problem with all such figures is that they cause all sorts of stress because people cant stick to them. We know if we're getting the right amount of sleep and telling us we're not doesn't help.
    Yes, I agree stressed and failure ridden and knowing it is "our fault" because we just have to do that one simple thing!
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

  4. #14
    Super Member Mamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Village in rural Lancashire
    Posts
    12,464

    Default

    Strangely, all the things they tell you to do to get to sleep are the things that stop me. Complete darkness and silence stop me dripping off and it’s not that I’m afraid of the dark.

  5. #15
    Super Member Christelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    7,408

    Default

    Funny Mamie, I feel the same about the blue screen thing. Everyone says to not be reading on your phone / tablet before going to sleep but I find it relaxes me to read (and all my books are digital) before I go to sleep and I can easily fall asleep with the tablet in my hands.
    Trust the process, the results will come

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TedHutchinson View Post
    I don't know how much they cost but you may be interested in Chris Masterjohn's latest post.

    How the Chili Pad Took My Sleep To the Next Level

    cheapest double to the UK is $882 or £710.02 plus import duty probably another 20% so a lot of money for a mattress topper even though it is water cooled/heated.
    I wonder how long it would be before it sprung a leak?
    Wow!! I have just read that article about the chilipad. I never knew such a thing existed. Thank you Ted for the link.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilli View Post
    Wow!! I have just read that article about the chilipad. I never knew such a thing existed. Thank you Ted for the link.
    When I looked up the price for the Chilli pad I put a double into my basket. I've just had a reminder to checkout, together with a discount code for 20% off, so it may be worth checking for other discount codes such as here "wolf25"

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christelle View Post
    Funny Mamie, I feel the same about the blue screen thing. Everyone says to not be reading on your phone / tablet before going to sleep but I find it relaxes me to read (and all my books are digital) before I go to sleep and I can easily fall asleep with the tablet in my hands.
    My OH falls asleep reading his iPad every night Christelle, I know he’s asleep when I hear it land on the floor!

  9. #19
    Super Member Mamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Village in rural Lancashire
    Posts
    12,464

    Default

    Thank goodness for sleep timers otherwise mine might playing to its self all night.

  10. #20

    Default


    Red Dwarf sends me to sleep now - I've seen it so many times.

    Sleep timers *have* to be used!!!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO