Thread: for fans of Masterchef Australia

Default for fans of Masterchef Australia

Sad to see that Gary, George and Matt have been let go by Network/Channel 10 so Masterchef Australia will no longer be the programme I have enjoyed watching over the years.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

I hadn't read that piece from Gary - interesting. And likely the truth of the matter.

Rosemary and I were both devastated as we have been fans for years and have enjoyed sharing our opinions about the food, the contestants and the judges!

George has been in a whole world of pain about not paying his staff properly - I guess it made him somewhat 'on the nose' for the TV program - but over the years the judges have been really quite paternalistic with the contestants in the nicest possible non tacky way. It has never been at all mean or nasty. And the talent of those contestants has been really amazing.

I assume Channel 10 will bring it back next year with new judges and I imagine it will struggle for a year then probably will die a natural death. As you say Gilli, a real shame.

It will be interesting to see if Matt, Gary and George will try a different venture on another TV channel.
    Last edited by 2nd_Alto; 4th August 2019 at 09:26 AM.
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

Interesting the various commentary on their departure, ABC was glad and scathing about "white middle aged male judges" and "European food" which it's certainly not been much of the time. Typical of the ABC but I thought this interview with Gary was most interesting, I'd just read it when I popped over to here.

I wait with interest to see who the judges will be, as I'm guessing filming starts in a few months in our summer.

I've so enjoyed "chatting" with Sue about each episode.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by roseymary View Post
    Interesting the various commentary on their departure, ABC was glad and scathing about "white middle aged male judges" and "Eauropen food". Typical of the ABC but I thought this interview with Gary was interesting https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...02-p52dfn.html. Hope you non Aussies can read it.

I wait with interest to see who the judges will be, as I'm guessing filming starts in a few months in our summer.

I've so enjoyed "chatting" with Sue about each episode.
    And I with you!
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest