Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: This has got me riled up this morning

  1. #1

    Default This has got me riled up this morning

    If you are able to get in to the comments and put your two pennyworth in that would be terrific. The Times reports Prue Leith saying that she urges schools to go vegetarian.

    There are so many reasons why this is a bad idea.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

  2. #2
    Super Member roseymary's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    12,651

    Default

    Because she gained a stone eating cakes, schools are to be encouraged to go vegetarean? I dont understand the connection.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

  3. #3
    Super Member Mamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Village in rural Lancashire
    Posts
    12,467

    Default

    Exactly. Most cakes are vegetarian surely?
    She sounds like she’s jumping on the bandwagon. I’ll bet if the average school offered only vegetarian options a lot would finish up in the bin. And when is any reporter ever going to challenge the “eating only vegetarian will save the planet” mantra. The whole concept seems to have become mainstream fact.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamie View Post
    Exactly. Most cakes are vegetarian surely?
    She sounds like she’s jumping on the bandwagon. I’ll bet if the average school offered only vegetarian options a lot would finish up in the bin. And when is any reporter ever going to challenge the “eating only vegetarian will save the planet” mantra. The whole concept seems to have become mainstream fact.
    Absolutely
    It’s so frustrating that people like Prue who are in position of influence, actually know nothing about what is healthy
    unless you are a cow, or want to be the size of one, stop grazing - Zoë Harcombe

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sistercas View Post
    Absolutely
    It’s so frustrating that people like Prue who are in position of influence, actually know nothing about what is healthy
    The worst of it is that if the schools provided vegetarian food it would be the worst kind of processed rubbish rather than wholesome good food because that seems to be the modern way. Then to impose it on the kids is simply awful.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

  6. #6
    Super Member Mamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Village in rural Lancashire
    Posts
    12,467

    Default

    I would like to bet that a lot of vegan/ vegetarians eat very few actual veggies. The amount of processed stuff being sold as vegan/vegetarian shows the way it’s going and don’t get me started on veggie options which mimic meat.

  7. #7
    Super Member Christelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    7,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamie View Post
    ...veggie options which mimic meat.
    I agree, don't get me started. If you want meat, just eat the real thing. It's better for you by a mile!!
    Trust the process, the results will come

  8. #8

    Default

    Bamboo anyone? https://unrealco.com.au/chickn-range/

    Oh, you have to scroll down a bit and click on the ingredients link
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

  9. #9

    Default

    And re going vegetarian to "cut obesity" - elephants are vegetarian. Lions are not.
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

  10. #10
    Super Member Christelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    7,419

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd_Alto View Post
    Bamboo anyone? https://unrealco.com.au/chickn-range/

    Oh, you have to scroll down a bit and click on the ingredients link
    Sounds yummy (not!!) Rather sounds like a chemistry set...

    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd_Alto View Post
    And re going vegetarian to "cut obesity" - elephants are vegetarian. Lions are not.
    well said!
    Trust the process, the results will come

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO