Thread: Joanna Blythman on Veganuary

Default Joanna Blythman on Veganuary

...writing in the Guardian, she reminds us that plants can also be bad for the planet. They are not as innocent as the propaganda would make us think.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

This is the conversation I have every time the whole subject rears its ugly head.
    I was thinking about it only this morning. I wonder how many new vegans have given up wearing leather or wool and how many have given up drinking wine because a lot of it isn't even vegetarian?
    Another thing that's made me raise an eyebrow recently (I try not to be offended because that to has gone too far with social media etc) is the advert for Subway's vegan "meatball" marinara which classifies us as "Plant lovers or Meat heads". Its a subtle insinuation but not one that's lost on me.

Another one I saw on the tube this morning was telling me 'Don't be a carnibore'. It was advocating some kind of plant based burger.

I just thought come on, who is it who really bores on about their way of eating and attempts to bring about evangelical conversion? It certainly isn't omnivores like us.

Very true.