Thread: New JAMA Study Published Today

Default New JAMA Study Published Today

The study reported findings regarding association between consumption of processed red meat, red meat, poultry and fish, with cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality.
    The data collected was based on self reporting and food diaries. It looks like the findings are predictable.
    I hope Zoe sees this, and gives her views.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

Strewth - when will scientists stop analysing the same dodgy data (e.g. food questionnaires).
    Does unprocessed red meat include burgers, if so was the effect of the bun, sauce, fake cheese, fries and soda removed from the equation. I doubt it.

Zoe has reviewed this red meat BS before and I expect for this study she could almost cut and paste from her previous writing on the subject.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

I searched for "red meat" and Zoe has written several articles on this already. Over the years it's been blamed for so many ills.

http://www.theharcombedietclub.com/l...-the-evidence/
    https://www.theharcombedietclub.com/...-and-red-meat/

https://www.theharcombedietclub.com/...d-meat-cancer/

There are more just put "red meat" in the search.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

I gave up trying to read the report after the first couple of paragraphs, I’ve never seen so many figures!! Talk about blinding us with science.

So the association is with all meat? How do they explain the Massai populations of the 1960s who ate 4 - 5 pounds of meat a day with the only other addition to their diet being blood and milk, and who had next to no incidence of CVD?

Quote Originally Posted by MrJDW View Post
    So the association is with all meat? How do they explain the Massai populations of the 1960s who ate 4 - 5 pounds of meat a day with the only other addition to their diet being blood and milk, and who had next to no incidence of CVD?
    I think you may have forgotten MrJDW that the Massai, like the French*, are an anomaly!!

* and add any other inconvenient data subjects here.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

No, never consider the Massai...or the Inuit...or any other group that doesn't eat the standard SAD or eat Well. The outcome may not be as wanted.
    It's so frustrating to see this endless repetition of the same dodgy results.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.