Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vitamin D and the current epidemic.?

Default Vitamin D and the current epidemic.?

As many here will be aware because of my own underlying health problems I have had to study the role of vitamin d and immune function. It was back in 2012 I first raised the idea of using high dose vitamin d to deal with antibiotic resistant bugs.
    http://www.theharcombedietclub.com/f...une#post187992

If you promise not to believe the title there is an excellent video here that explains how our immune function works here.

VITAMIN D IS THE SOLUTION BE SAFE, FEEL CONFIDENT WITH VITAMIN D

Inner strengthening of the immune system is a must and need of the time. Vitamin D is the most powerful nutrient which modulates the immune system. Watch the video to know about the proper doses of vitamin D to meet the need, backed with a scientific review of mechanisms of action especially against Coronavirus...

Vitamin D deficiency is a global epidemic - a pandemic. We lose nothing by building up the levels which anyways are low, till proper supplementation is being done.. And we cannot get adequate vitamin D from food... wishing all best of health.
    The aim of the Government is to build up immunity from this infection and while waiting for the availability of vaccines doing everything possible to minise the consequences of infection is important. I'm sorry she chose to include the word prevent in the title.

As always is the case when looking at peer reviewed research it is possible to debate the conclusions. There are aspects of this video that I wouldn't support, (longer term weekly bolus dosing instead of daily dosing is one example) however generally I think this is the best, clearest explanation of how our immune function works I am aware of and I hope everyone here will increase their consumption of DAILY CHOLECALCIFEROL VITAMIN D3 as a result of watching the video and make sure everyone in their household does the same.

Please watch the video to the end before commenting.
    Last edited by TedHutchinson; 17th March 2020 at 01:12 PM.

Thank you Ted. I will watch this tonight.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

Alongside improving vitamin d status to at least 50ng/ml 125nmol/l it's also a good idea at the moment to AVOID BREAD and PASTA and other refined carbohydrate foods. I know the shelve are bare at the moment so it may not be a matter of choice but explain to your family and everyone you cook for that

Ketogenic diet helps tame flu virus

Ketogenic Diet Activates Protective γδ T Cell Responses Against Influenza Virus Infection
    I am aware this is a mouse study and may not be applicable to humans however the idea that modern industrially processed foods adversely affect immune function has been around for some time.
    Fast food fever: reviewing the impacts of the Western diet on immunity
    Last edited by TedHutchinson; 17th March 2020 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks Ted! - Very informative!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Thanks Ted - very interesting.

Thanks Ted, back on 12000 units a day for now!

Club Plus Member

Thanks Ted, very informative

Upped my dose to 10,000 units per day, with our summer sun, I'd dropped back to 5,000 units.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Club Member

I finished my winter supply Oct - March, perhaps I should order some more.

I live in a sunny country and know I have to supplement all the year around to get my blood vitamin D levels to a better than OK level.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.