Thread: From Asseem Malhotra

Default From Asseem Malhotra

Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

It definitely is Gilli. Makes me consider the things I do myself that are holding me back from getting to where I really want to be. The trouble is that in times of high stress it is quite difficult to be strict with yourself.

I’ve been wondering if anyone is actually logging the “underlying health issues” which we keep hearing about, to see if there is a pattern. Probably not although I’m sure it would be helpful.
    Like MRJDW, I think it might be a step too far to suggest to already beleaguered people, that they need to radically alter their diets. Maybe that’s something to put out there when things settle down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie View Post
    I’ve been wondering if anyone is actually logging the “underlying health issues” which we keep hearing about, to see if there is a pattern. Probably not although I’m sure it would be helpful.
    Like MRJDW, I think it might be a step too far to suggest to already beleaguered people, that they need to radically alter their diets. Maybe that’s something to put out there when things settle down a bit.
    When a medical record is filled in there is space for 24 ICD-10 Diagnosis Codes. Usually the most pertinent one is recorded first. Clinical coding is a vital and, often taken for granted part of the NHS - Without them, my job would be considerably more difficult!

When I report; I concatenate them and then query using quite a few 'OR' clauses.
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

I am sure Dr Asseem Malhotra has summed up the situation accurately.
    However, getting people to change their diet and eat real food instead of industrially processed ultrarefined junk foods is going to take time.
    Reducing blood pressure, losing weight, reversing diabetes/prediabetes will occur but not immediately and the crisis is now.

I would have liked Asseem tp have recognised that all the underlying conditions that are implicated in covid-19 deaths all involve vitamin d deficiency and that can be altered almost immediately with a stoss therapy dose of cholecalciferol between 300,000 and 500,000iu and supported by a daily dosing protocol of 10,000iu daily cholecalciferol for the duration of the covid crisis and reduced to 5000iu in summer if we get the all clear message and lockdown is relaxed.

-Ibp9PyRaIZQrEMg-62tpc]The role of Vitamin D in the prevention of Coronavirus Disease 2019 infection and mortality[/B]
    "In conclusion, we found significant relationships between vitamin D levels and the number COVID–19 cases and especially the mortality caused by this infection. The most vulnerable group of population for COVID–19 is also the one that has the most deficit in Vitamin D."
    Sure real food over the long term will help improve immune function but getting vitamin d optimal can be done is the short term and it perfectly safe and relatively cheap.

I saw that Jimmy Moore among others who shared this information is being accused of "fat shaming". Missing the point entirely, that it's metabolic syndrome that's the actual problem. And this situation isn't helping anyone who already has elevated but treated BP. I've just doubled my dose (under doctor's supervision). I'm reasonably slim, but I'm guessing if I caught the virus I might be in for a rough ride, as I've been diagnosed with 61% lung capacity, and underlying hypertension.

And yes, I've been doing Ted's vit D regime for years, which has helped reduce the incidence and severity of my perennial chest infection.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.