Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News from Sweden

Default News from Sweden

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...alflow-organic

Very interesting as lots of people often hail Sweden as the best model. Of particular note is the economy has not been protected by not locking down.

Club Member

I have seen this throughout the day and thought perhaps we have not come out of this as badly as we could. Each country/Government has taken a different route or model towards this virus, each has come under criticism for different paths taken both internally and internationally.

If we could have taken the best of each may have done better but we cannot, it has been a very big learning curve for every individual right to the highest levels of all Governments. There was no large master plan to follow.

I do admire this man's honesty.
    Last edited by ChristineJ; 4th June 2020 at 07:06 AM.

That’s really interesting HC.

There was a really good post in facebook this morning re-posting this:

Facebook Covid update

It is possible that you won’t be able to see it if you don’t have facebook.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

I have facebook but it won't let me view he content.
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

I hope there is a prize for the person who manages to post the most inaccessible links in a 24 hour period. I’m definitely in the running at the moment!

Thanks for your link Mat.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineJ View Post
    I have seen this throughout the day and thought perhaps we have not come out of this as badly as we could. Each country/Government has taken a different route or model towards this virus, each has come under criticism for different paths taken both internally and internationally.

If we could have taken the best of each may have done better but we cannot, it has been a very big learning curve for every individual right to the highest levels of all Governments. There was no large master plan to follow.

I do admire this man's honesty.
    Exactly. We are all learning as we go.

Hi all
    I saw this in the paper this am and a supporter from NZ had sent me this article overnight.

It's a more accurate report of what Anders (Sweden's advisor) would have done differently. The implication in some newspaper articles today (even just the headlines) was that they wouldn't have locked down, but he still thinks that not locking down was the right thing to do. I've heard him say a few times (and in the recent Sunday Times interview) that they would have found a better way to protect care homes. Every government needs to admit that. As Christine and Hoffi Coffi said - we have to admire this honesty - and hope that all governments take this route, because it will show that they are trying to learn for next time and there will likely be a next time in our lifetimes.

As for the economy, I saw this on twitter in Ivor's timeline. I've not looked for the raw data to check, but this corroborates the fact that Sweden has grown while other European economies have crashed.

The Main Stream Media being naughty again - who would have thought?!

Bye for now - Zoe
    "Those who are enlightened before the others are condemned to pursue that light in spite of others." Christopher Columbus ("1492")

Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Been known for years. Distancing been known from biblical times and before. Didn’t need nasal and throat swabs then or blood tests. Anyone read on the BBC how swabs not taken deep enough hence false negative results.

My local town hall, built 1930 at a guess, has various entrance doors, one for TB cases. There are many TB hospitals around the Kent coast. There are pictures of patients in bed topping up on Vit D via sunshine and enjoying the fresh air.

Had my child distraught down the phone. Stay home. You don’t know all the number of people who have died in the care homes. Sheer frustration that the government had forgotten people in their own homes or care homes need their carers to have PPE.

What’s this I’ve just seen on the Covid report as I write, hospital staff required to wear masks from 15th June. Weren’t they doing that already!

Like we all know common sense isn’t common ��