Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crisis Fatigue...We Are All Experiencing It

The old maxim “there is none so deaf as those who will not hear” springs to mind.

I think many people only understand what they choose to understand. Also it is very hard to persuade a person to believe something when their livelihood depends on not believing it.

More than either of those things, though, I think the virus has become endemic and we are all going to have to live with it - literally - or not as the case may be. The lockdown was sold to us on the basis of flattening the curve. We flattened the curve! The area under the curve will be the same whichever curve we achieve - ie there will likely be the same number of deaths but spread over a longer period.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

What great articles! I found them very encouraging personally as they explained a lot about how Im feeling lately. Its good to know its only natural and that Im not some freak!! However, the lack of weight loss is really depressing me now. I put on a stone during lockdown and now I cant shift it at all. Im concentrating on eating what I know is right, good and healthy, but it will not go!! Im the heaviest Ive ever been, hardly any of my clothes fit me (but at least i dont have to go out anywhere special) so Im guessing cortisol has something to do with this. Im sure the weight gain was down to bad habits when we first went into lockdown, but now that Im not "treating" myself every weekend I was hoping for some sort of loss. I presume other people are in the same position as me? Im not sure as I havent been on the forum in a while (for far too long) and am just trying to catch up a bit now!!

Sue you have my sympathies for the weight gain and cortisol will surely be playing a part. It is good to see you back with us here.

I put on a little over half a stone in April and I am fighting to shake it off again. I blame cortisol in part too. Pretty sure we are in the same boat as others on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilli View Post
    Sue you have my sympathies for the weight gain and cortisol will surely be playing a part. It is good to see you back with us here.

I put on a little over half a stone in April and I am fighting to shake it off again. I blame cortisol in part too. Pretty sure we are in the same boat as others on the forum.
    Thank you Gilli. I will aim to be on here much more now in order to get the necessary encouragement and, lets face it, there isnt a whole lot else I can do right now!!

I thankfully discovered mindfulness and am undertaking a course on line which is helping me.

I've been forced to be inactive except for walking for the past 4 weeks as I was told not to lift anything heavier than a paper back book. The first couple of weeks were great as friends came and took me shopping, moved things like the ironing board to and from the laundry, then lockdown happened and I kept on walking and my cleaner came in to help me with heavy tasks, and I watched back episodes of Masterchef. Then came mandatory masks yesterday whenever I leave the house and for the first time in a week or more I didn't go out for a walk.

The infection rates in metro Melbourne are escalating in spite of these precautions. One of the biggest issues being people in casual work where if they don't work they don't get paid, have been delaying having the test for covid-19 once they've developed symptoms and going to work, and then not going into self isolation until they get the results. So someone who has the virus has been spreading it around. Yesterday the state government offered an one off payment of $300 for people who were unable to work pending the test result. There has been much anger on Facebook against these people.I can understand if you are a poor person living hand to mouth - it's difficult to be ultuistic for the common good when you have a family to feed.

I have a friend who is an introvert and says she could live like this forever, I couldn't as I cannot see the point of just existing. So I'll just keep on keeping on for another few weeks until we hopefully return to where we were two weeks ago.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

I got what was diagnosed by GP online as Covid, (but no swab,) back on March 22nd.
    I was really ill, a couple of nights I should have called for an ambulance but was scared to go into hospital and also worried about taking a space from someone worse than me.
    I had "mild " COVID-19, which just means not bad enough to be hospitalised, but still really, really ill.
    I seem to have "long term covid"
    It is utter shit, I feel so very ill, 5 months on.
    Compostwoman, Cat and chicken slave, organic gardener.

CW how dreadful for you, hopefully you will slowly return to full health. As a matter of interest are you willing to tell us your blood type, if you know it.

From observation of various things in COVID patients, it appears blood group has an impact on how well you recover.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Club Member

I feel for you CW, hope you continue, even if slowly to improve and life is better for you.

That sounds absolutely horrid CW. Hope you are now improving.

So sorry to hear CW. I hope that you get well soon
    Trust the process, the results will come