Thread: Update - am I really hungry?

Default Update - am I really hungry?

Am still trying to answer this question with confidence. Have been trying to ask myself before eating if I really need to. On three days each week, Monday , Wednesday and Friday I try consciously to rest at least 16 or more hours between eating. Find late morning a bit wobbly but keep going and find by five Iíve forgotten about food. Realise eating is sometimes just a bad habit. I miss the eating, Iím not feeling hungry. Previously working shift work and having to eat when you are given a break teaches you to eat when you are not hungry. The feeling of an empty tum is not necessarily a sign to eat. Find if someone else is in the kitchen cooking something that smells tasty it presses buttons for me. At least I know Iím being tricked by this. Just glad I donít live above a food shop. Will press on and review again later.

Good luck. Learning to understand the messages from your own body after the sort of programming the working day has imposed on you for years is a great way to get the most out of THD.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

Interesting Josephine.

Sarah (from the forum) once wrote - "Ask yourself if you are hungry enough to eat a hard boiled egg. If the answer is yes, go ahead. If not - well, that's your answer!" I find that helps to decide if I am really hungry or not.
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest