Thread: Boris leads the way ha ha.

Default Boris leads the way ha ha.

Well, so Boris is leading the way for those people who are overweight or Obese. I wonder how he intends doing that? Will he listen to Assam Malhutra?

Fine if he does.

But, Iím feeling rather picked on! Because I know Iím overweight. But Iíve only just managed to release myself from the weight obsession Iíve had for nearly fifty years. I donít eat too much in the greater scheme of things, donít have wheat or dairy, and a very low sugar intake. But Iíve decided to stop struggling and listen to my body. Fir example I know I ate too much yesterday, so Iím fasting with no difficulty up until 6pm tonight.

I simply cannot do any more my metabolism is completely up the spout. The next step fir me is near starvation, and if I do that I know Iím on the road to bingeing again. Iím so grateful to have finally be free of worrying about my weight, but hate being lumped together with those who are obese or overweight because of bad eating.

That seems to be a good place to be in.

Club Member

It is difficult being lumped together with those who choose or make excuses to eat fast food, sugary drinks or convivence from supermarkets and have takeaways, etc.

I feel as if I want to hang a sign around my neck, back and front, saying I am not obese, I was made this way and it is out of my hands - I EAT REAL FOOD ONLY.

Today is a day I cannot feel I can claim my own body. I have days like that, tomorrow it will be better and I will feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineJ View Post
    It is difficult being lumped together with those who choose or make excuses to eat fast food, sugary drinks or convivence from supermarkets and have takeaways, etc.

I feel as if I want to hang a sign around my neck, back and front, saying I am not obese, I was made this way and it is out of my hands - I EAT REAL FOOD ONLY.

Today is a day I cannot feel I can claim my own body. I have days like that, tomorrow it will be better and I will feel differently.
    . Yes. I love the bit about hanging a sign around my neck!

It must be very frustrating for you Christine. You seem to cope well with it all. No wonder you have down days.

Christine, you are an amazing person the way you cope with your disease. I kept telling myself when I was whining about the ompression garment on my arms, 'at least this is only for 6 weeks, Christine has this for the rest of her life, stop moaning'.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

What disease are you living with Christine?

Club Member

I have Genetic Non-Alcoholic Madelung's Disease, it is very rare, rarer still in women. It is thought I could be the only woman in the UK. One man is known about by a member of staff at St George's Hospital London.

https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/di...ic-lipomatosis

This link shows a male with the condition, my neck is not quite so bad. I am mobile but the weight of the swellings is affecting my rib cage and hence the lungs ability to inflate.

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...-American_male