Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over 50's lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by Anne O View Post
    I think I still identify as a 20 year old, but my face tells lies...LOL
    My greying beard does!!

I've already downloaded this to my phone for mask-wearing malarkey!
    (i back it up with both inhalers - blue and brown)
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    My greying beard does!!

I've already downloaded this to my phone for mask-wearing malarkey!
    (i back it up with both inhalers - blue and brown)
    I don't have a valid reason to NOT wear a mask Mat. My grey hair tells me how old I am (hence the more recent addition of bottled colour)... don't let anyone bully you in to wearinga mask or having to leave shops... I NEVER judge anyone not wearing one xx
    Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution. Anne O'Neil

You might want to rethink that Anne, if because of the stupidity of a few people we now have a,Covid spike much worse than the original one back in March. There was almost an anti mask policy by Australian and State governments and now were are in a second lock down that's really stringent.

I don't enjoy wearing a mask, but did so in the supermarket as so many idiots didn't realise that 1.5 metres is the minimum distance to keep apart not the maximum.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    I think we're safe. This was in the Telegraph update earlier.

"Over-50s shielding ditched after Cabinet backlash
    In under 48 hours, proposals to extend shielding to some over-50s this winter were abandoned. Downing Street killed off the plan to tell huge swathes of the population to stay at home after ministers warned it was impractical, could damage the economy and sent out mixed messages on the day the Government wanted workers to get back to the office."
    Babs - not surprised that this was vetoed, a significant percentage of politicians are 50+, ditto medical people so the country would gring to a standstill

Quote Originally Posted by roseymary View Post
    You might want to rethink that Anne, if because of the stupidity of a few people we now have a,Covid spike much worse than the original one back in March. There was almost an anti mask policy by Australian and State governments and now were are in a second lock down that's really stringent.

I don't enjoy wearing a mask, but did so in the supermarket as so many idiots didn't realise that 1.5 metres is the minimum distance to keep apart not the maximum.
    Rethink what Rosemary? I always do wear my mask if in shops. Not that I go to them often or for long. I was saying that Mat shouldn't be bullied in to wearing one when he has a valid reason not to x

If they did go ahead with over 50s lockdown there would be a marked increase in sales of hair dye and anti-wrinkle cream!

Club Member

I am exempt from wearing a mask and have my sunflower lanyard and card in plastic wallet swing on the end.

I also have 2 types of mask and I try to wear them for as long as I can, practising around the home and garden but it makes the bits of my lungs that are still working, feel on fire as I breath back in warm air and have to whip off the mask. I now have a visor as well, which I have yet to try. So whilst I am exempt I am trying to conform in support of those who have to wear them.

I have yet to go into a shop.

As for lockdown for over 50's I am not sure Hubby and I could endure another X number of months. Hubby has been to work through out, with the exception of 2 days a week working from home for 3 months. He retires around the 4th Sept, depending if his replacement is in post. So another lockdown would be hard for us. I also have a backlog of medical bits and pieces with some minor surgery right on the horizon with potential dates mooted by the hospitals.
    Last edited by ChristineJ; 5th August 2020 at 07:43 AM.

That’s the problem with all the knee jerk reactions that have taken place. They don’t take into account the knock on effects. Each new rule is like a pebble being dropped into a pool. The ripple effects can be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen B View Post
    If they did go ahead with over 50s lockdown there would be a marked increase in sales of hair dye and anti-wrinkle cream!
    Oh thank your for that belly laugh Stephen

Club Member

That is one way to stimulate the economy Stephen.