Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over 50's lockdown

Default Over 50's lockdown

Well, its never been a secret that I have not been happy with the whole covid scenario but today I am on the point of outright rebellion.
    I've heard from various sources that the newest way of stopping any spikes will be to put all over 50's into a lockdown specifically for them.
    To say I am livid is an understatement. So far I have followed the rules and regulations even though I don't agree with a lot of them, but this is a step too far.
    Despite being well over 50, I am very healthy and fitter than a lot of people half my age. I've worked through the last 4 months. I've shopped for shielding relatives. I've had my 13 year old granddaughter living with me because of family circumstances. I've carried on exercising and not put on more than a couple of pounds. I've kept my distance from people generally and been sensible. What has changed for me?! I've not put up with all this inconvenience just to have to go into a total new lockdown simply because of my age. I REFUSE so what are you going to do Mr The Powers That Be. I'm going to carry on just as I am. Any other rebels feel like joining me.

Absolutely...

Free the Harcombe Two.

There's a thought! My sister is with us.

Already there ;-)
    The truth is deafening, no matter how quietly spoken.

I read about this yesterday? Sunday? It left me feeling completely and utterly depressed. My daughter and her partner are due to visit the weekend after next...and then take me back with them to London. I am absolutely desperate to see them...and to have some human contact. But this left me feeling and fearing that what I was so looking forward to was about to be stolen from me. This made worse by the possibility that anyone in London will be locked in by the M25.
    After recovering from panic mode, I then read that these were ideas tossed around during a "war games " meeting, so not set in concrete. I wonder if they discussed how to put down a rebellion by millions of over 50s?
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

I think we're safe. This was in the Telegraph update earlier.

"Over-50s shielding ditched after Cabinet backlash
    In under 48 hours, proposals to extend shielding to some over-50s this winter were abandoned. Downing Street killed off the plan to tell huge swathes of the population to stay at home after ministers warned it was impractical, could damage the economy and sent out mixed messages on the day the Government wanted workers to get back to the office."

I have no intentions of being forced in to a lockdown... I only stopped working because the company couldn't get NHS surgeries to hand over papers for us to work on and achieving new contracts would have been near to impossible given that most companies had closed their doors.

Been back at work since the middle of May and I utterly refuse to be forced in to staying home just cause I am too old for their comfort! I am the oldest at work, teh healthiest at work, the only one not on constant medication and frankly this idea infuriates me
    Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution. Anne O'Neil

If I were over 50 - I would lie about my age and 'self-identify' as a 40 year-old!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    If I were over 50 - I would lie about my age and 'self-identify' as a 40 year-old!
    I think I still identify as a 20 year old, but my face tells lies...LOL
    Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution. Anne O'Neil