Thread: Tom Keridge

Default Tom Keridge

Against my better judgement I’ve put on “Lose Weight for good”. 10 minutes in and I feel like screaming and I’m already composing my letter to the Radio Times.
    Episode 1 is all about comfort eating. Rather than tackle the problem his plan is to allow comfort eating but lower calorie. WTF.
    First recipe contained honey, sweetener, mashed bananas and apples. It set my teeth on edge listening to it.
    He’s sold out to the eat less exercise more brigade.
    He’s currently making no pasta lasagne but he’s gone for a low fat option.
    Such a missed opportunity.
    Switching over before I scream.

Wise move Mamie. Bound to be something better and less anger inducing on another channel.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

So glad I decided to watch an old episode of Grand Designs. Much better for my blood pressure.
    I suspect that there will be a raft of weight loss programs over the next few months...all to help those who have gained weight during lockdown. Every one of them will be misguided and will promote the usual path to failure.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

He stated, in his opening comments, that He lost his 12 stone by giving up carbs, beer and hitting the gym but “apparently” this is too hard for most people ???!! How wrong and how patronising. Still mad.

I've said this before about that sort of statement...but those of us who stick with it for years, and find it easy and natural , must be exceptional. Whether its because we are very smart, clever, or stubborn so are able to stick with it...or we want better health...I don't know. But there are many that do.
    It's like he's saying, "awww, poor weak people. I know you don't want to try TOO hard...so I'll make it easy for you".
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

He is a complete sell out

Quote Originally Posted by grumbleweed View Post
    I've said this before about that sort of statement...but those of us who stick with it for years, and find it easy and natural , must be exceptional. Whether its because we are very smart, clever, or stubborn so are able to stick with it...or we want better health...I don't know. But there are many that do.
    It's like he's saying, "awww, poor weak people. I know you don't want to try TOO hard...so I'll make it easy for you".
    Or maybe he just thinks he is better than everyone else because he could do it, but you can't. You are not special enough
    Trust the process, the results will come

Club Member

When he lost the bulk of his weight on low carb cutting out junk, I thought good for you - now I cannot cope with him at all, he has become smug, patronising, has little real understanding of the difficulties people on low or modest incomes struggle on, to lose weight and maintain any loss whether small or large.

He did lose that weight but he did regain and has lost it again. I think it is only due to the pressure of doing TV programmes and being in the limelight, he is able to keep the weight off. He is not s stayer or rather he has not learnt real lessons along the way.

I think you are right GW. We are an exceptional, clever bunch.

I think he came unstuck when auntie beeb decided not to be seen promoting fad diets - even if highly effective. C4 has no such qualms with Moseley though. I do like that TK joins in with his guinea pigs, unlike MM, and ultra skinny wife.