Thread: I really donít like the world I am living in!

Default I really donít like the world I am living in!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54142699

This smacks of totalitarian states, vigilantes and a complete disregard for civil liberties.

I really, really hate this freakin' world at the moment!!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their Ďtoleranceí

This, and the increasing awareness that free speech is being stifled, is really getting me down. When I was young, there were so many groups asking to be heard...and people listened to each other. All to help change the world. But this...it's a far cry from freedom and sharing viewpoints.
    I keep asking...what the heck is happening to us? How did we get here? I despair.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

Living in the state of Victoria is like being in a Police state, they have gone power mad enforcing mask wearing, being more than 5 kms from home. I'm more scared of them catching the virus ans they are armed at all times and I think quite likely to use force if provoked.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

I'm more concerned with this corrupt governments intention to disregard international law, even though they themselves signed up to the agreement only in January but hey that's just me!

My daughter tells me that the police switchboards are jammed with people “grassing” on their neighbours. Fine it’s a genuine breech but some are using it as an excuse to harass neighbours they’ve got a beef with. Horrible and what a waste of police time.

This last nine months or so hasn't really brought out the best in people has it? Started off quite well with community groups helping neighbours but seems to have deteriorated since then.
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie View Post
    My daughter tells me that the police switchboards are jammed with people “grassing” on their neighbours. Fine it’s a genuine breech but some are using it as an excuse to harass neighbours they’ve got a beef with. Horrible and what a waste of police time.
    This could be controversial but I thing there should be a collective agreement from the populace to all report all their neighbours - then the police should stick two fingers up at the government and say we will not act as your Stasi agents!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their Ďtoleranceí

At least that made me laugh Mat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie View Post
    At least that made me laugh Mat.
    I do my best! :-)