Thread: Prevail Weighloss

Default Prevail Weighloss

https://www.phc.ox.ac.uk/files/resea...ossactions.pdf

Just come across this via Sainsburyís magazine, has Susan Jebb associated with it. Whilst there are elements that definitely donít coincide with THD, I was surprised how sensible a lot of it seems! Was expecting to be shouting about it... if this is what PHE are thinking about, itís the first mainstream step in the right direction, maybe. Wish they didnít demonise fat, though!

I agree Sarah, it is very good and sensible. A lot of the rules are as we follow too. Their explanations are not so good because they continue to harp on the poor calorie. As per them, you need to watch how many calories you eat and you have to burn calories which gets you back to CICO, but as you say, not bad at all
    Trust the process, the results will come

I'm not at all keen on
    8 Use meal replacement products
    Try swapping breakfast, lunch and/or dinner for a meal replacement product such as a specially formulated meal bar, shake or soup. You can buy them online or in your local pharmacy.
    Specially formulated bars, shakes or soup shakes contain all the nutrients you need and are usually much lower in calories than a typical meal.
    I don't think ultraprocessed food-like products are ever a good idea .
    I've never read an ingredients list of such products that didn't contain items I wouldn't normally consume.
    I think if you get into the habit of using these products it's going to be harder to stick to the eat real food mantra.

No, but it’s 1 out of 53... I think it’s a shame they haven’t put unprocessed foods in, but the majority of it is better than expected!

Having tried low carb low fat once as a weight loss method, I think that many people would find the unsustainable, as they're obviously still fat phobic.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

There's a bit too much mention of low calorie/ low fat for my taste. Though good to see low carb, but that combined with low fat is, as rosey said, unsustainable. In fact, it might be dangerous...so-called rabbit starvation. Not sure how true that is.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.