Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Vitamin D

Default Free Vitamin D

The government has finally woken up...or is it backtracked?...and will be supplying free vitamin D for the elderly and vulnerable. No mention of strength. I'll want to cry if it's 400iu or some other nonsensical and worthless low amount.

I'm now wondering if I should stock up, just in case there is a run on vitamin D...I've got 3.5 months worth...
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

I tried buying a higher amount than 1000iu from the local pharmacy. They told me you coud only get higher than 1000iu on prescription. Then I wondered aloud why then can I buy 5000iu online without any prescription? The lady just shrugged.

At 3.5 months, GW, I think you'll be safe. Maybe re-look at it when you have 2 month's left
    Trust the process, the results will come

I half said that tongue in cheek...but I'm a terrible worrier when it comes to running out of things. Not good in this climate.
    I bet the pharmacies are the same here...trying to protect us from overdosing on something that's good for us. I've always bought from Amazon or other online suppliers.

Vitamin D3 5000 iu Capsules with Olive Oil, Vitamin D Supplements for Immune System, Bones & Muscle Function
    These are fine for vitamin d once daily should be ok though you could take 2 x 5000iu for a few weeks if you've not been taking any recently or haven't just come back from a holiday near the Equator.
    If you want to boost magnesium at the same time this Magnesium Synergy is a good blend
    Magnesium Synergy Powder, 300g Powder
    It's very easy to put a scoop of powder in a glass of water and drink it. No big tablets to swallow and no nasty fillers. Each scoop provides 200mg elemental magnesium and a couple of glasses daily will give a safe amount of magnesium That will improve the actions of vitamin d3.
    The same factors(diet induced hyperinsulinemia) that lead to vitamin d depletion also deplete magnesium.
    Last edited by TedHutchinson; 8th November 2020 at 07:46 PM.

Thank you Ted. I normally only take 1 x 5000iu
    Trust the process, the results will come

Thanks Ted. My usual magnesium supplement is out of stock at the moment, so I may consider changing to the one you suggest. I am also getting through it faster now that Peter has agreed to supplement with Vit D3, Mg and Vit K2 for the winter.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

Club Member

I take 2 x 5000iu. Waiting for new supply K2 to arrive and I take magnesium.

Supplement wise where do you get your K2 from please?

I'm not Christine...but I use this as I hate tablets, and I can adjust the amount.

Same Q as to Gilli. Maybe will get the same answer.

Just read Zoe’s report today. Early on I stopped listening to the morning government advice. Too anxiety making. Am counting my blessings everyday. So grateful for the scientists that put the real truth out to the public.

Discovered Zoe and THD entirely by some miracle. Wonder how many lives she has saved. First by revealing the truth about saturated fats and cholesterol and then by articles like today. Thank you seems so inadequate considering all you have done. Am not expecting to see your name in the New Year Honours List Zoe. Guess you’d be rather worried if you did.

Zoe, Andy look after each other. THD club members you are part of this life saving team. You take care too.