Thread: Pegan Diet

Club Member

Default Pegan Diet

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...diet#downsides
    If one writes a book about nutrition , a good bet you will sell your Diet as well. Dr Mark Hyman is a functional medical doctor has come up with the Pegan diet , a low carb diet - combo between Paleo and Vegan = 75 % vegan. I have never see Zoe talk about percentages how much fat, protein, etc , or how much vegs etc . If we are not mixing carbs and fats , it does mean that vegs, that come along with our carbs, fats , protein , will be a large percentage of our diet. What's missing in the diet ? For an author in the low carb, no sugar camp I was surprised not seeing a focus on high fat . I can understand no grains to deal with sugar or no dairy because of his experience as a practitioner many people suffer from an intolerance of dairy , but why not push high fat. This diet just reinforces my view that we are truly lucky to be connected to Zoe Harcombe and her learning that targets everyone in the community and rejects all the fake research which few people are able to discern.

We are very lucky indeed to have Zoe’s input on diet and nutrition.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

Allan a lot of people find on LCHF and Paleo that they don't lose as much weight as they hoped and the simple answer is if you slather your food in fat then the body has zero reason to burn body fat as a fuel. Fat added to food doesn't have any magic fat burning properties, in fact the converse. At a conference Zoe attended she was speaking to some on who had plateaued eating paleo/LCHF and Zoe suggested she try our way of eating, where we are not afraid of fat but don't eat fat for fats sake. She went onto lose the weight she wanted to shed.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

I personally think it all comes back to JERF (just eat real food)
    I also liked Zoe's statement of: "Man is the only being clever enough to produce its own food and then stupid enough to eat it".
    For me, this hits home every time
    Trust the process, the results will come

Eat the fat on your own food, not everyone else’s is a good guide!

We are lucky to have found Zoe Allan, but she has never advocated eating fat for the sake of it. As the others have said. Eat the fat off your pork chop, but not everyone elses.