Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Interview With Gary Taubes

Awwh thanks GW for taking the time to sort that for me.

I particularly agree with his about veganism. I worry about all the processed "goodies" and meat alternatives that are flooding the market. Many poor deluded souls will be merrily tucking in, safe in the knowledge that they are only doing their bodies good. How wrong they are. I know that I fell for a similar trap with low fat products back in the day. It was the start of a downward slide.

He got a double page spread in the Telegraph on Saturday, too.

I think I prefer Dr Robert Cywes outlook on carb addiction - it is an addiction, and once people who are addicts step back on that pathway they find it's a slippery slope.
    How much carbs (even the allowed ones) may well depend on where your health slipped to during the high carb eating part of your life. I became prediabetic and have put diabetes into the past by eating lower carb mostly. When I do eat higher carb foods consistently I gain weight rapidly, and it makes me crave them even more, so I my policy is to absolutely minimise my high carb cheat, it's that simple. I suspect that even though my blood glucose levels are normal nowadays, the way insulin is produced in my body hasn't ever returned to normal.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.