Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another attack on eggs!

Default Another attack on eggs!

Looks like the China study rehashed with the names in the PLOS research, and to quote
    Study limitations include its observational nature, reliance on participant self-report, and residual confounding despite extensive adjustment for acknowledged dietary and lifestyle risk factors.
    https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...c000a320fd0ca2

So blaming the eggs for what the cake did?
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

It gets a bit weary making that people have nothing better to do with their time than find a way to support their pre-existing prejudices.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

C'est plein de merde!!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    C'est plein de merde!!
    Which translates as “It is pregnant of shit”.

This is what Yu Zhang wrote about eggs back in November 2020.
    Egg and egg-sourced cholesterol consumption in relation to mortality: Findings from population-based nationwide cohort
    Highlights
    •Egg consumption is associated with lower total mortality among Chinese population.

•Substituting eggs for dairy products, nuts/legumes, or red meat was associated with lower mortality.

•Intake of cholesterol from eggs was inversely associated with total mortality.

•Consuming cholesterol from non-egg sources was positively related to mortality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilli View Post
    Which translates as “It is pregnant of shit”.
    Also translates as full of shit - faire le pleine d'essence is fill up with petrol, not pregnant with petrol... and I thought pregnant was enceinte? Was that google? C'est pleine pour moi...

If really bored it's quite fun putting an English phrase into google translate, then putting the resulting French back into the app - rarely makes sense!
    Last edited by Sarah(sjc); 11th February 2021 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah(sjc) View Post
    Also translates as full of shit - faire le pleine d'essence is fill up with petrol, not pregnant with petrol... and I thought pregnant was enceinte? Was that google? C'est pleine pour moi...

If really bored it's quite fun putting an English phrase into google translate, then putting the resulting French back into the app - rarely makes sense!
    At school we were warned that pleine is used to mean pregnant in colloquial French and when visiting our pen friends’ homes we should not decline further food by saying “Je suis pleine” if we did not want a shocked reaction. Needless to say, I have remembered clearly what not to say but not what should have been said.

Quote Originally Posted by roseymary View Post
    Looks like the China study rehashed with the names in the PLOS research, and to quote

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...c000a320fd0ca2

So blaming the eggs for what the cake did?
    With such glaring limitations, you wonder why bother presenting it as a valid study whrn it so obviously isn't.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilli View Post
    At school we were warned that pleine is used to mean pregnant in colloquial French and when visiting our pen friends’ homes we should not decline further food by saying “Je suis pleine” if we did not want a shocked reaction. Needless to say, I have remembered clearly what not to say but not what should have been said.
    When I need my French, all I remember is German! I only did a German exchange, and most of what we learned was unrepeatable. Plus a taste for cold beer, chips and mayo...

yes this was shared in the fb group as well