Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Attia

Default Peter Attia

Briefly just read his blog on vaccinations. I am wondering if he is truly critically analysing all the information. Would refer you to other blogs. Weíve been happily spoilt on this site to be more discerning.

What we do know is fresh air, real food, sunshine, clean water, someone/thing to love, someone/thing to love us, moving, managing stress, enough not excess, are the keys to health. Sadly these important matters are not granted worldwide, but we can help locally if not internationally.

I donít wear a blindfold. Included in my readings are Ivor Cummins, Malcolm Kendrick and others.

I read that and was surprised he was so much in favor.
    I'm concerned about the short time it has taken to produce the vaccination and I'm not convinced there has been sufficient time to use these on the most vulnerable people in society.
    I think we could have done a lot more to have boosted immune functior prior to the vaccine roll out
    How to make COVID vaccines more effective: give people vitamin and mineral supplements

Thanks Ted. Was feeling a bit abandoned, on a boat on my own. It’s hard not to follow the crowd, to question. Realising that I personally have to clarify to myself what I believe and back it up with my own life whichever course I choose. The consequences affect more than just me. One of my Father’s clients introduced the questions surrounding vaccines. That was about 1963. Again when I became a parent nearly forty years ago this subject arose. Surely our bodies have been designed or evolved to cope with challenges. Just because it seems superficially to make sense doesn’t make it right. Like natural fats causing heart disease, long term rest after a heart attack. I’ve had my three score years and ten and would like more. My goal is to leave my adult children with enough information so they can make THEIR own judgements. I may have to accept might be different from mine. That’s even harder to deal with.

Ted your thoughts reflected my thoughts precisely. Developed too quickly to do real testing and determine any detrimental side effects.
    I'm not anti vaccine per se, I don't bother with the flu jab as I can protect myself and for only 40% efficacy doesn't seem worth it.
    I think I'll be blackmailed into having the COVID-19 jab as there more and more noise around no jab, no travel internally in Australia and access to some government services (unspecified).
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Not quite that quickly actually. Scientists all over the world have been working on vaccines for corona viruses since the first SARS and MERS outbreaks - https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...-time/13096682
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

Quote Originally Posted by Josephine View Post
    Thanks Ted. Was feeling a bit abandoned, on a boat on my own. It’s hard not to follow the crowd, to question. Realising that I personally have to clarify to myself what I believe and back it up with my own life whichever course I choose. The consequences affect more than just me. One of my Father’s clients introduced the questions surrounding vaccines. That was about 1963. Again when I became a parent nearly forty years ago this subject arose. Surely our bodies have been designed or evolved to cope with challenges. Like natural fats causing heart disease, long term rest after a heart attack. I’ve had my three score years and ten and would like more. My goal is to leave my adult children with enough information so they can make THEIR own judgements. I may have to accept might be different from mine. That’s even harder to deal with.
    So we should just all see if we can cope with polio perhaps? Smallpox maybe or even measles?
    Last edited by 2nd_Alto; 15th February 2021 at 04:47 AM.

Iím not sure we have evolved to deal with all risks, we are vulnerable to viruses that could eradicate huge swathes of our population. If it was the case, why would we be concerned by the viruses currently decimating the bee population, olive trees etc. Thereís a resurgence of Ebola at the moment, the mortality there is much higher. Those that have natural resistance will survive, those that donít wonít. I think the vaccine has been rushed, the jury is out on its effectiveness, but Iím not convinced it causes great harm, and itís a route back to normality, if it works. However, I have held from the start that this virus will remain endemic for years to come, best hope is a mutation that is highly transmissible but which causes few or no symptoms.

I will have the vaccine, not least because i need to travel for work, if/when we are back to normal.
    Last edited by Sarah(sjc); 15th February 2021 at 08:36 AM.

Agree with that Sarah - the viruses obviously can mutate far quicker than we can.

And yes, most likely the virus will be with us forever but if by vaccination we can cope with it as not much worse than a cold then why wouldn't we - and maybe young people like your daughter can get something of a life back and get a job. And of course everyone else who desperately wants a return to some semblance of normal.
    Last edited by 2nd_Alto; 15th February 2021 at 09:41 AM.

My initial reaction was that I wasn’t having the vaccine but I’m certainly not anti vaccine per se and my children have had every one available to them. I can’t agree with the comment that “you don’t vaccinate people who are not at risk of a disease”. It’s because we do that with things like smallpox and TB that they are mainly things of the past. But when it became apparent that our way out of this nightmare was to get us vaccinated then I decided “bring it on and the quicker the better”. If it’s the price I pay to get back to normal then I’m willing to pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd_Alto View Post
    So we should just all see if we can cope with polio perhaps? Smallpox maybe or even measles?
    Exactly Sue! It's an established fact that our bodies can't cope with all challenges, that's why there is a medical profession.