Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bella Mitochondria talks with Shawn Baker

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah(sjc) View Post
    It strikes me that the covid crisis offered the biggest opportunity for years to hammer home these messages, and it’s been ignored - and deliberately so, in my view. I don’t know if it’s food industry led, pharma led, pc led (don’t even get me started on body positivity and the normalisation of unhealthy weights and shapes in the media) or just head in the sand! However, if this (and future viruses) affect the unhealthy, then I guess they will gradually remove themselves from the gene pool? We can have horribly manipulative (look them in the eye..) campaigns to make us stay at home, but it’s absolutely crystal clear that government has no interest in improving our health in the long term.
    This!

I seriously don’t think those in government get it but I also think they don’t care beyond winning votes to keep their noses in the Westminster Trough.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

Poptart consuming couch potatoes.

Now there’s an image that will stay with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilli View Post
    This!

I seriously don’t think those in government get it but I also think they don’t care beyond winning votes to keep their noses in the Westminster Trough.
    Food, nutrition, how it impacts on health...that's all at the bottom of pile as far as most politicians are concerned. I try to imagine myself as a typical government minister. I have a vague idea that we should try to get the nation healthy. All I know is the message that's been spouted for years...eat your 5 a day, pile your plate with potatoes. So I dutifully repeat that. I will have done my bit for the nation's health without going overboard. Too much interest, and someone will remind me there are much more important things to worry about.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

Or The Science will lead you to the eat badly plate...