Thread: New research deepens understanding of how fructose effects health (& covid death)

Default New research deepens understanding of how fructose effects health (& covid death)

Fructose reprogrammes glutamine-dependent oxidative metabolism to support LPS-induced inflammation
    Paper is open access

Diets high in fructose could cause immune system damage, study suggests

Remember when Dr Aseem suggested is was morally wrong for Dunkin Doughnuts to reward hospitial staff with free dunkin donuts as it may make them more vulnerable to covid? He got nothing but verbal abuse for pointing out the obvious. Possibly the quickest way of pushing Granny into oblivion will be lucozade and dunkin donuts in addition to standard care hospital food. Maybe some ENSURE as well?

Oi! This Granny ain't going that way any time soon!

Planning not to go gently into that goodnight, I'll take my recommendations from the Prevention of Cruelty to Grannies society: https://www.decanter.com/wine-news/w...39;s%20Disease.
    Last edited by 2nd_Alto; 27th February 2021 at 01:07 AM.
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

Add in the dreadful product called sustagen which is the main stay for elderly frail in hospital. Ingredient sugar, seed oils, whey and a few vitamins and minerals.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd_Alto View Post
    Oi! This Granny ain't going that way any time soon!

Planning not to go gently into that goodnight, I'll take my recommendations from the Prevention of Cruelty to Grannies society: https://www.decanter.com/wine-news/w...39;s%20Disease.
    Confirmation bias is alive and well in this part of Devon, but I like this recommendation very much indeed. Thanks Sue.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

Quote Originally Posted by roseymary View Post
    Add in the dreadful product called sustagen which is the main stay for elderly frail in hospital. Ingredient sugar, seed oils, whey and a few vitamins and minerals.
    Eeewww!

Quote Originally Posted by TedHutchinson View Post
    Fructose reprogrammes glutamine-dependent oxidative metabolism to support LPS-induced inflammation
    Paper is open access

Diets high in fructose could cause immune system damage, study suggests

Remember when Dr Aseem suggested is was morally wrong for Dunkin Doughnuts to reward hospitial staff with free dunkin donuts as it may make them more vulnerable to covid? He got nothing but verbal abuse for pointing out the obvious. Possibly the quickest way of pushing Granny into oblivion will be lucozade and dunkin donuts in addition to standard care hospital food. Maybe some ENSURE as well?
    Thanks Ted, I will read those papers with interest.