Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarlsberglimpe

Aquarius
    Visitor

Default Jarlsberglimpe

this is a great recipe originally posted by Mat.

I have made one tonight with a 50:50 mix of lamb and beef mince and Emmenthal cheese as I couldn't get Jarlesburg.

With the other half of the mince I made another batch of the mix and made it into little patties and baked them in the oven on parchment.

They look fab! They will be next week's lunches with a large crispy salad.

I liked this, but rest of family were unimpressed by the dill in it, so trying it next week with thyme and parsley instead!

Alas; I cannot take credit for this recipe!

Ninya found it originally
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Aquarius
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by sjc View Post
    I liked this, but rest of family were unimpressed by the dill in it, so trying it next week with thyme and parsley instead!
    I never use dill as I dislike the flavour. I use mixed herbs and fresh parsley. I am also thinking of making one using ground cumin and coriander.

Sounds lovely but I have NEVER seen

If I kept these of would it ruin the recipe ?

Nope! - It would still be delicious! - It is the cheese and the meat that make it what it is!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Capsicums are peppers and mace is a spice similar to nutmeg, but more delicate. When I made the recipe I didn't use the capsicums, dill orthe mace. Instead I used a little ground nutmeg. Even without these ingredients it turned out delicious. I am planning one this coming week!

Aquarius
    Visitor

we've just had the second half cold with salad and it was fab. Would be great to take on a picnic when the weather warms up a bit,

And the recipe is one of those great ones that you can adapt to what you have. It wouldn't matter if you didn't wrap it in bacon, it wouldn't matter if you left out the peppers/capsicum or replaced it with peas or green beans. It wouldn't matter if you used different cheese (or omitted it all together). You can use whatever seasoning and flavours suit your mood.

Recipes are ideas - not set in tablets of stone!

The first time I made it I took half for a picnic and it was just as nice cold as hot!

I wholeheartedly agree with you on the recipes!

LOVELY!! Thanks everyone and thank you so much for bringing it to my attention DDD