Thread: Dark Chocolate

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Dark Chocolate

I have made some observations when buying my dark chocolate, When buying your chocolate always look at the carb content even though they may all be the same percentage of cocoa , the carbs can really vary, Here is a good example, I use to buy the Lindt 85% dark chocolate, its about £1.59 for a 100gm bar, The carb content is 19gms for 100gms of chocolate, I then started buying the Sainsburys Taste the difference Extra Dark chocolate bars, they come individually wrapped there is 5 in the packet, each weighing 25gms each little bar, now in 100gms of this 85% there is only 19.2 gms of carbs and only 14.2 of those is sugar, so that means each little bar has only4.6gms of total carbs!!! I like the idea of the 5 small bars as you know exactly how much you are eating and it tastes delicious .

Have a look round and see what the lowest carb chocolate you can find is , just make sure its for 100gms though and then post your findings :-)

Today I decided to melt the Lindt chocolate and add some orange essence to it and it was delicious , tasted like terry's chocolate orange only better, you can experiment with other flavours.
    Last edited by Plateauqueen; 27th March 2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: correction and added new idea
    Melissa - Fell off the wagon- trying to get back on track!!