Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dark Chocolate

A bit ironic that I really enjoyed the 90% Lindt. We've treated ourselves to the good stuff for many years now. The texture was fine, didn't find it especially bitter. But there you go. We all have to have a bit of the experimenter about us now, don't we. Thanks for sharing your experiences - even with double deckers (I used to like the chewy bits...!)

I have eaten chocolate for the first time since starting this way of eating today and I realise I CANNOT BE TRUSTED!!!!

Beverley
    Visitor

Just because I could I looked up information about Double Deckers, an old faithful pal of mine, read here LOL, it will make your toes curl. Of course there was going to be a fair amount of sugar in that tasty treat!

Scarily it has its own Wiki page, and a fanbook page on Facebook (aka Crackbook!)

Beverley (just back from Pizza Express!)

Can anyone tell me if i can have the Lindht Excellence Intense Orange Dark Chocolate as im struggling to eat just plain dark chocolate.
    Thanks

Hi Jo, I have wondered this too. I expect not, but I am sure Lizzi our resident chocolate expert will be along shortly to advise

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

We've answered on your other thread here
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

Forum Guest

Just to revive this post for some info.
    below are the nutritional values for Hotel Choclat 100%
    what is confusing me is the Carb values.
    Are they right and if so are we not supposed to be mixing such high values of fat and carb?

Ingredients: cocoa mass.
    Dark chocolate contains minimum 100% cocoa solids. *We believe our dark chocolate is suitable for vegans, however as it is made in the same environment as our milk chocolate we cannot guarantee it is free from milk traces.
    For allergens see ingredients in bold. May contain traces of tree nuts, peanuts, milk, soya, gluten, wheat.
    TYPICAL VALUESPER 100G
    Energy KJ / Energy Kcal
    2452 586
    Fat (g) 52.9
    Of which saturates (g) 32.5
    Carbohydrate (g) 29.3
    Of which sugars (g) 0.1
    Protein (g) 11.9
    Fibre (g) 29.3
    Salt (g) 0.10

Hi Overlea8. Chocolate is a delicious phase 3 cheat. We are not supposed to be eating it, but some people can get away with eating some and still losing weight. Others cannot.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

No chocolate til phase 3 is the rule. As well as mixing, it contains caffeine which you give up when you do phase 1.

In Zoe's books she says that very dark chocolate can often be the least bad option if you're out, on the go, and need something handy to eat, but she is clear that it's a phase 3 food.

I see no reason to doubt the nutritional values quoted by Hotel Chocolat.

Forum Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MrJDW View Post
    I see no reason to doubt the nutritional values quoted by Hotel Chocolat.
    I am getting confused with the Carb content of 29.3 but with a value of 0.1 which sugars.
    Is that correct? Surely that makes it a total carb figure of 29.2?