Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Wash Your Hair!

I haven't used soap on my face for years too!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

more recently, I wash my face with water and without detergent, however, apply to the face Indian oil (a mix of sweet almond oil, rosemary oil and macadamia oil)
    which keeps the skin soft and clean and prevents the formation of blackheads.
    is cheap and it works for me as a moisturizer (and I have combination skin)
    Only water is an experiment that people could try for the rest of the body and hair .... I will think ....

Such an interesting thread Lizzi, can always count on you, might even join you as I only wash my hair every 7-10 days - like Lird my friends think I am weird..possibly. No soap, mm interesting, from tomorrow I will leave it out of my washing...and I thought I was just participating in healthy eating forum - never too old to learn new things. Just wait 'til my husband hears this one....

smacarthur
    Visitor

Elynerix, does the Indian oil work? I ask cos despite my advanced age I still get spots! : (

Quote Originally Posted by jackie View Post
    Such an interesting thread Lizzi, can always count on you, might even join you as I only wash my hair every 7-10 days - like Lird my friends think I am weird..possibly. No soap, mm interesting, from tomorrow I will leave it out of my washing...and I thought I was just participating in healthy eating forum - never too old to learn new things. Just wait 'til my husband hears this one....
    I'm not going to tell my husband, he will think I am wierd. I'll wait and see if he says anything!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

I would love to do the experiment, but I work in a shop and wash my hair every day.. My management and customers wouldn't be impressed with greasy me.
    I decided to wash my hair every second day though. Maybe every third after a while.
    However, if I change a job and have a break for a week or two, I'll definitely won't wash my hair during the time off.

Another thing I decided, something I wanted to do for a long time now, is to start making my own creams and shampoos and gels etc..

Wow, everything in this forum is so inspirational!

Yet another great experiment Lizzi - this time though I'm leaving it to you as I too have very fine hair that I wash too often so that it's in a rhythm - the minute I stop washing it daily, it gets so greasy it's horrid. Know I should break the habit and learn to wash it less but it never seems to be the right moment to be greasy for a few days and washing my hair in the mornings wakes me up.

Re: the face washing, I had awful spots which started after my A levels. Despite trying every potion, lotion and pill on the planet, nothing made a difference. I spent so much money on various high brand products which all claimed to be the wonder cure - Dermalogica, Clinique etc. Enough was enough last year and so I went to see a dermatologist and she said that I was to stop putting anything on my face - no cleanser, no make up, no moisturiser. I was completely shocked as had been brainwashed by the cosmetic companies that if you don't cleanse, tone and moisturise every day you'll resemble a haggard old witch. It took me a good few weeks to get my head around it but I have never looked back. My skin cleared up within a few weeks and is now pretty much as clear as a bell.

Really looking forward to hearing how you get on x

Aquarius
    Visitor

I shall be 57 next month Splodge. I have rarely cleansed, toned and moisturised. I used to go to bed with my make up on and wash it off with cold water and a flannel in the morning.

I have good skin and do not look like a haggard old witch I am often told that I look at least 10 years younger than my actual age.

Plain water has far fewer chemicals (and those that it does have are often found naturally in the body anyway) than anything that comes in a tube or bottle.

You easily look 10 years younger!

I remember being flabbergasted when you posted how old you were the first time!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Aquarius
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    You easily look 10 years younger!

I remember being flabbergasted when you posted how old you were the first time!
    thank you kind sir x