Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Wash Your Hair!

I am 60 now and never use soap on my face, the only moisturiser I use is Aqueous cream. I do have a few lines but that is probably due to pain, everyone thinks I am much younger.

Wow Aquarius, no way you're nearly 57! And not a broomstick in sight!!! I just wish someone had opened my eyes to simple water and a flannel 20 years ago and I wouldn't have had to suffer with spots and how they get you down. Hooray for simple, honest mother nature x

Day 4 without hair washing - so far so good - my hair looks fantastic & has more body. I'm sure that won't last!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

How long does it normally 'last' before requiring attention?
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Haven't wased my hair since Tuesday Lizzi, so we'll see how it goes. Felt really strange just using water today, no soap, creams etc. No comments so far.....

Quote Originally Posted by smacarthur View Post
    Elynerix, does the Indian oil work? I ask cos despite my advanced age I still get spots! : (
    I use the Indian Oil for several months.
    Since i use it I have virtually eliminated the use of detergents and soap to wash my face.
    The skin is soft and very light, in my opinion the blak points and oily skin have improved. (also thanks to THD)
    Usually I apply plenty in the evening, I take off the excess with a cotton pad (see the cotton get dirty) and then Flush with lukewarm water.

today I tried to take a shower and wash my hair with water only, the result looks good .... I will tell you in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    How long does it normally 'last' before requiring attention?
    I think it's about a week. For me that will be Wednesday. I've always washed my hair every other day, so I'm in unchartered territory here!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Quote Originally Posted by jackie View Post
    Haven't wased my hair since Tuesday Lizzi, so we'll see how it goes. Felt really strange just using water today, no soap, creams etc. No comments so far.....
    So you're ahead of me Jackie. Let me know when it starts looking bad so I know what to expect!

Okay this morning and my husband hasn't run in the opposite direction - yet. As my hair is so thick I only tend to wash it weeklyish so I'll be entering unknown territory after tomorrow. Happy Hair Unwashing ladies. x

You're going to think I'm really strange asking this but does your unwashed hair smell?!! If I don't wash my hair every day, my pillow smells of unwashed hair (nothing nasty, just not shampoo!) x