Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Jarlsberglimpe

Quote Originally Posted by Jules. View Post
    *hangs head down*

*pay day tomorrow!*

#isitok for me to admit I go through phases of eating bacon? Sometimes I just don’t fancy it!?
    However give me a slab of pork belly with crispy crackling and I’ll eat it morning, noon and night
    Hope you don't mind me sharing this Jules:

I will gladly take it down if you so desire!

Looks amazing!!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

That looks so yummy, I am already missing the one I made earlier in the week!
    Trust the process, the results will come

Club Member

Ingredients are on tonight's shopping list ready to make for Sunday lunch.

Not at all Mat! Thank you for putting my photo up! I’m eating it cold right now with cauli cheese and picketed red cabbage. Nom nom nom!

It's good cold too isn't it!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Is that pickled red cabbage Jules?

The photo of your jarlsberglimpe looks really good. The one I made tasted delicious and I can certainly recommend it.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

Quote Originally Posted by Gilli View Post
    Is that pickled red cabbage Jules?

The photo of your jarlsberglimpe looks really good. The one I made tasted delicious and I can certainly recommend it.
    Yes, just a jar of red cabbage that was languishing in the fridge, not strictly Harcombe as it was in sweet vinegar but it did taste good and hasn’t set off any cravings. I’ve not had pickled red cabbage for a long time!
    BTW I used strong cheddar cheese in my recipe, as much as l love Jarlsberg cheese I don’t like it’s price!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    It's good cold too isn't it!
    It’s even better, if that’s possible!

Club Member

Made this the other day. It was very tasty but hubby and I could not decided whether the cheese did add much to the overall flavour. I would certainly make again but would try cheddar cheese, would be cheaper.

I had some cold the following day with salad and it was lovely and I think the cheese came through better. The day after that I reheated the last portion in the microwave and it did reheated very well and was also tasty and moist, again I had this with salad.

I think things often taste better cold. Before THD cold Pizza was a favourite as was Christmas pudding. I think you can taste the flavours more.
    I first made this when I was very new to THD and I can remember my daughter being seriously alarmed at the ingredients. She thought it would kill me. She's changed her tune a bit since then thankfully.

Like Mat, I cant believe anyone ever goes off bacon. I'm into streaky at the moment and its so much cheaper.