Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caffeine

Jant
    Visitor

Default Caffeine

Hieveryone. After finding out how caffeine can affect us, I completely changed to decaf and felt great. I then had a cup of full caffeinated coffee and was really surprised at the 'buzz' albeit by accident!

My questions are
    is it definite that caffeine WILL cause us to release insulin?
    If we don't eat fat at the same time 3 - 4 hours etc, does it really matter?
    Can the caffeing work to our benefit? i.e., I get loads more done with the 'buzz' than without it !
    Would 1 cup of coffee release as much insulin as a carb meal?

I don't suppose I mind either way. I used to drink 8 - 10 cups of full coffee or green tea every day, and am happy without - but curious and always want the full info possible about everything so I can make the best decision I can.

Thanks all

Jan

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

As far as I understand it - caffeine will produce insulin like carbs so you shouldn't eat any fats for about 4 hours either side. I can't answer to any benefits due to the buzz but I have read on the forum that some people like their one cup of caffeine coffee a day which apparently can also help those who are constipated.

I remember reading that Zoë uses the caffeine buzz from chocolate to help fuel her book-writing.

Definitely raises insulin though!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

I had 2 bars of 100% last night. I figured I either wanted the seratonin (was feeling low) or the caffeine (feeling tired) or both. It did pick me up! I won't make a habit of it. Those bars are expensive!!!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Jant
    Visitor

mmmmm much rather have the chocolate, but it seems to set me off on the wrong road.
    Thanks for the replies will endeavour to keep to a very minimum - got to be 1 day, stops right now !

thanks

J

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzi S View Post
    I had 2 bars of 100% last night. I figured I either wanted the seratonin (was feeling low) or the caffeine (feeling tired) or both. It did pick me up! I won't make a habit of it. Those bars are expensive!!!

How big were the bars???? - I'm sure the caffeine would have made me ill!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

35g each - totalling 70g. Actually I've still go half of one left, so I ate 1 and a half, so perhaps about 50g's worth of caffeine.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Phew! - I assumed you meant 100g bars

No, I only buy the little ones. In my wildest dreams I don't think I could eat 100g bar of 100% - that would send you bonkers!!!

It did........