Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seeds and Nairn oatcakes?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Seeds and Nairn oatcakes?

Are either of these OK for Phase 2?

Also, what about semi-skimmed milk? Is it OK to have this with a carb meal, like porridge? I think skimmed is better, but would the semi count as a cheat?

I think both are technically cheats simply down to the fat content of each
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

sarahcliff
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    I think both are technically cheats simply down to the fat content of each
    Oh crap....so the 4 Nairns oatcakes + Ham + Philly light I've been having for lunches is actually me being a big fat cheater? (maybe a big lessofthefat cheater!) Dammit....I thought I had found a lush lunch to have!!

Aquarius
    Visitor

The oatcakes are a cheat because I asked the same question a while ago. The carb and fat contents are too high to be acceptable as either a carb or a fat meal.

seeds are strictly cheats but I like them - as well as the occassional handful of nuts - and I want to eat them whilst on the 42 day challenge as I miss the good oils.
    Shall we agree that these can be used in moderation?

I also asked the question about semi skimmed / skimmed milk and came to the conclusion (indecisive responses for once!) that it had to be skimmed with carb meals. Ideally full fat with fat meals. Semi-skimmed is quite high in carbs which surprised me.

I like the idea of you and I agreeing how we do this challenge; after all, it is all about finding something that works for us.
    That's fine about having seeds and nuts in moderation. I personally won't eat nuts, as I know it would be downhill if I did! The lovely Nairn oatcakes will also just have to wait for Phase 3.
    I might have the occasional sprinkle of seeds, if I have nothing else to go with NLY.

And skimmed milk only from now on.
    I have to be really clear about what is a cheat, otherwise I will start to get slippery and things will sneak in!

Right must wean myself off here and get on with some work!

I have been having seeds and berries recently for the good oils, but they have caused a 3lb weight gain. I must be so carb sensitive at the moment.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Aquarius
    Visitor

OK Catherine - you can have the odd sprinkling of seeds and I can have my nut snack if I need it. I always make sure to leave 3 hours either side and I usually see a loss on the scales the day after. Interesting how Lizzi gains -but maybe that would happen to me if I were at a healthy BMI?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    OK Catherine - you can have the odd sprinkling of seeds and I can have my nut snack if I need it. I always make sure to leave 3 hours either side and I usually see a loss on the scales the day after. Interesting how Lizzi gains -but maybe that would happen to me if I were at a healthy BMI?
    Mine might be fruit - fruit and me just don't get on. I will see if it's the fruit or the chocolate once I've finished my new experiment!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Registered Guest

mmn reading this im feeling a bit confused in the recipe book it says you can have semi skimmed milk with the muesli i think im very carb sensitive and am going to have to be quite strict i think if im going to loose any weight!

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

Definitely mixing Sarah, the occasional oat cake as part of a carb meal wouldn't be the end of the world but the ham makes it a fat meal.
    How about ham, full fat Philly & some salad ?
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos