Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273

Thread: Phase 3 - Chocolate Discussions

Runtara
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzi S View Post
    When Peggy was over for the Conference she asked my advice on where she should go in London for chocolate experiences. I suggested Paul A Young and the Hotel Chocolat Roast & Conch in Covent Garden. When she was there she asked for an explanation on how the chocolate was made and got it all down on camera and put it on You Tube. I stuck it on Twitter and one of my followers is Angus Thirwell (one of the owners of HC) and he retweeted it and commented on it, so now it's doing the rounds in the chocolate world.

I would highly recommend watching it if you are interested in the production of their chocolate - it is about 9 minutes but very entertaining.

http://youtu.be/ZKx9hKVZ9Ck
    Great video - thanks for posting the link to it, Lizzi. Yum

What is funny is that Sian and I went to Salon Du Chocolat today at London's Olympia and guess who was offering the tasting trays for Hotel Chocolat? Louise who was in the video. Sian and I said "we know you" and then she blushed about her new found fame from Peggy's video. I had shared it on Twitter which meant it got retweeted by lots of chocolatiers and was praised by Angus Thirwell, Hotel Chocolat's CEO. Angus was also there today and presented a talk on their Single Cote chocolate. I asked some questions about their 100% so feel even more of an expert than I did before.

It is such a small world in the world of chocolate. I also met Pralus, Paul A Young and Lee from Chocolatiers.com website. A fabulous day!

Ps Sian, me and HTC are going to the Hotel Chocolat restaurant, opening in a few weeks and Louise will be working there.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Runtara
    Visitor

Sounds like a great day out, yesterday. Louise is a natural!

Lizzi, I'm not sure how much more of an expert you can become. It wouldn't surprise me if you get offered work by 1 of these companies one day - L.O.A. and all that!

Thanks Runatara. I have been deliberating for ages whether to start up a blog and with all the chocolate writing that I do on Twitter, Facebook and on here I might as well just focus it on chocolate. I have considered looking for work but I enjoy my lifestyle ATM (even though I'm broke most of the time) and would be reluctant to give that up now.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman