Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Phase 3 - Chocolate Discussions

I have 10 bars of Pralus 100%, 15 bars of Michel Cluizel 99%, 6 bars of HC 100% and 3 bars of 81% Chuao. They were getting too hot in the cupboard where I store them so I have shifted them to a cooler place in the house. I am not eating them at the moment so I want them to keep in good condition for when I am ready to tuck in. Even when I start eating them again, it will take me ages to go through them as I am going back to eating 20g a day. Splodge is buying one of my Pralus bars and OF COURSE I will eat some chocolate at Keyston, but until then, it's a chocolate free zone in my house!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Lizzi,

Being an expert on chcololate which one would you recommend for someone just starting to eat dark chocolate. I don't really like the taste of it, I just eat it because I know it's better for me when I fancy something chocolatey.

With that amount of choccie you could legitimately open a chocolate shop! - Awesome!

Makes my 4 bars of Lindt 90% look paltry!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Same here - I have a mere 6 bars of the Pralus, 6 bars of the 99% and only 2 bars of HC. I cannot compete with Lizzi!

Sara - what have you tried already? If you don't like dark chocolate, you may get to like it or you may not! If you have tried 70% and feel you want to go a bit higher, try Sainsbury's taste the difference 85%. It is very mild and comes in a pack of 5 25g bars so helps with the portion control! Lindt 85% is pretty good too. Then if you want to go further, I'd go for the Lindt 90%. I would avoid Hotel Chocolat Purist stuff at this stage as it has complex flavours and can be very strong to those unaccustomed to high percentage cocoa and might put you off.
    3 stone gone forever! Gluten free phase 3.

+1 for what Catlover recommended. What bars have you tried so far?
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post

Makes my 4 bars of Lindt 90% look paltry!
    I thought that.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover
    Sara - what have you tried already? If you don't like dark chocolate, you may get to like it or you may not! If you have tried 70% and feel you want to go a bit higher, try Sainsbury's taste the difference 85%. It is very mild and comes in a pack of 5 25g bars so helps with the portion control! Lindt 85% is pretty good too. Then if you want to go further, I'd go for the Lindt 90%. I would avoid Hotel Chocolat Purist stuff at this stage as it has complex flavours and can be very strong to those unaccustomed to high percentage cocoa and might put you off.
    I am trying to adjust my taste buds and have been trying 70%, but I know it is higher in carbs. I'm often in Sainsburys so I'll try the 85% and go from there.

Thanks

ALDI also does an 85% that is quite mild...and at only 99p for 5 25gm bars,it won't break the bank.

I really like the Green & Blacks 85% - started my dark chocolate eating with this in phase 2 a little while ago. Found the taste very strong at first but soon got used to it & have now moved on to Lindt 90%.

I find the G&B very sweet!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’