Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Veggie Phase 1

So...

Ex vegan
    Egg intolerance
    Didn't like black coffee
    Didn't like dark chocolate.

Now look at her! - Proper cavewoman!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Kerry
    Visitor

thanks again Lizzi you are a little star it is so frustrating as everyone has so many great fab ideas but when you cant actually get the food down without gagging or getting crippling stomach pains after it is a real nighmare, but reading your posts all over the site you suffer terriably too but if you CAN DO IT, I should be able to do it i am going to try and just stick with the simple safe foods for me for now ie. chicken/fish - nly, oats - veggies/salad and use these as a base then just introduce extras slowly sort of my own devised Phase 1 but keep the carbs and fats separate as you suggested before and see how i go - i love the butternut curry so could have that as a fat meal with chicken and veggies. Will defo keep you posted thanks again!

Kerry
    Visitor

I know Mat, that Lizzi she has turned it all around its really nice to hear everyones experiences and know that everyone started from somewhere!!! I want to look tiny like Lizzie!!!!!!

Kerry
    Visitor

Obviously not like the little cave girl picture!!!!!! now that would be silly I wouldnt be able to get that outfit and that spikey stick thing ANYWHERE!!!!

My stabby thing is always by my side! You never know when you might get hungry!

The ironic thing was Kerry, that with all my previous IBS problems it turned out that the worst problems came from vegetables & fruit (type in FODMAPS in the search bar at the top if you're interested). I didnt even make a good veggie!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

You were obviously not meant to be one!!!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Kerry
    Visitor

Its actually very interesting Lizzie re. the vegatarian veggies/fruit and your IBS, see i have a MAJOR stomach problem with constipation and IBS related issues my symptoms are just opposite to everyone elses! So I am still a bit dubious about cutting out all the fibre incase I have a major constipation problem again but the diet and diets i have tried over the years, low fat, juicing, weight watchers the lot have left me fatter than ever so I need to just TRY and see how the low carb diet goes and give things a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    and diets i have tried over the years, low fat, juicing, weight watchers the lot have left me fatter than ever
    I'd wager that they have caused the IBS and stomach problems too!

Kerry you don't need to cut out all the fibre it's just certain foods. Have a read of the FODMAPS thread and you will get a bit more of an idea.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Kerry
    Visitor

thanks for that i will have a look at the FODMAPS - constipation (severe), follows all through my family for MANY generations (on my mums side) and unfortunately i have got it, on the other hand my brother has symptoms like you lizzi, opposite from mine, my husband, very interestingly, has noticed over the last few months, (I have suspected for longer) that he has a slight IBS problem he gets the 'gotta go NOW' rush and feel nauseous after eating onions/cucumber/tomateos/cabbage/brussel sprouts, he takes a strong Acidophilus and it helps him a lot, we are both going to adjust out diets accordingly and I shall suggest he does THD (well wont tell HIM he is on a diet) suggest that he cuts out blah blah and eats meat/fish etc... see how he goes he has already agreed to cut out salady stuff and just have plain lettuce or steamed veggies.. keep you all posted and i will have a wizz at the FODMAPS thanks guys x