Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Sausages?

delgirl
    Visitor

Question Which Sausages?

hi
    With thoughts turning to barbecues i saw these sausages today in Tesco. Jimmy's classic pork free range sausages.
    I'm a newbie at this diet so need help, but love it. these sausages have 0.3g of carb per sausage so i thought that sounded ok wheat free and no sugar
    Can all you professional THD people out there pass comment on this product. maybe even recommend another brand.
    thanks
    7lbs gone 22lbs to go by June i hope

I have been buying Debbie and Andrews sausages but I saw the Jimmys ones and bought them cos they have less carbs than the others. I think they are fine. Many get their sausages from the butcher and get one with no rusk , fillers etc. My butcher said I would need to buy 14ibs of them! Gave that a miss!

Well done on your loss so far!
    helen x
    I'm getting there....slowly!!

Spinderella
    Visitor

Yes I am having sausage problems. Plucked up the courage to go and ask my local butcher if he could make me any gluten and wheat free sausages (while trying not to gufaw out loud that he had a sign proudly displaying that his own sausages were 40% pork...shocking!) and he said he could but I'd need to order 48kilos worth. Erm I want sausages but not enough to feed the 5000 or cause me to consider remortgaging, lol. I live in a village and he is the only butcher option. So I have been trawling the supermarkets looking for sugar and wheat free sausages. Why oh why would someone think that sugar would taste good in sausages?!?! Grrrr. So these Jimmy's sausages, can you tell me which supermarket stocks them?
    Spinds.x

delgirl
    Visitor

hi
    i bought them in Tesco they were pricey but i didn't have to buy 48lbs!!!!!! they are sugar and wheat free so I'm guessing they are OK to eat.

Forum Guest

Will the Jimmy's sausages be ok for phase 1 to go along with my bacon and eggs?

Can you post the ingredients list, or a link to the product so we know we're definitely talking about the right thing?

I had a google and found something called Jimmy's that was 90% pork - if it's those the ingredients weren't too bad, but you could find something better at the 97% pork level, IMO.

Tesco and m& s do 97% that are wheat and sugar free. IMO butchers aren't the best people to buy sausages from. They are rarely as high a meat content. (And we're not short of otherwise good butchers round here).

I tend to use either M&S 97% or Sainsbury's Taste the Difference. Look at meat % first. More meat=less rubbish. M&S are often on offer at 2/5.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

This review site might be of interest...gives meat percentage but not other ingredients. Lots of regional butchers.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

Tesco Finest Traditional pork sausages are 97%, but don't advertise themselves as such. Nicest I have had