Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phase 1 Recipes

Amina
    Visitor

Default Phase 1 Recipes

There's hardly any interesting phase 1 recipes around.. (sorry don't like tomato soup much), so please share if you have any.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Do you like curries? chilli?? or cottage pie with lamb mince topped with mashed swede and carrot?? stir fry maybe?? Do you have the recipe book, there are some nice ideas in there as well :-)
    Melissa - Fell off the wagon- trying to get back on track!!

Amina
    Visitor

Lamb Masala Kebabs

Another quick and easy Indian recipe, but you do need to allow for marinating time. Well worth it as the meat will be tender and bursting with flavour when it’s done.

This is ideal if you are having a barbecue, you can add cubes of aubergine in the marinade and other vegetables on the skewer.

Amina
    Visitor

Hi Melissa

Chili? Oh yes, yummy!!!

I do like shepherds pie...but can't have potatoes atm! It's a good idea to use mashed swede, will have a go, thanks.

Blog Entries

In phase 1 you can make a chilli but just leave out the kidney beans, then have it with either your 50gms of brown cooked rice or a side salad, If you mash the swede and carrot together and add a little butter its a great topping, The butternut squash curry is gorgeous, or a Tandori chicken with yoghurt would be lovely , you can also do some lovely things with fish and roast veg, try baking fish with dill , garlic and a slice of lemon in the oven and serve it with roast veg. I will be doing phase 1 next week so I will be trying lots of different phase 1 friendly recipes as I love a variety of food :-)

Amina
    Visitor

Hi Melissa

Yes I love curries and thanks for the recipe..I thought you meant chillies!

Blog Entries

Do you have the stop counting calories recipe book???

Amina
    Visitor

No I don't.

I know how to make curries, I just miss the chapatis! I know I can't have any carbs with meat curries, so I might make condensed meat curries separately or chicken and spinach curry on it's own and make the chapatis with only veg curries. It will take time organizing.

Blog Entries

The recipe book is fantastic , loads of different phase 1 yummy recipes :-) see if you can get hold of a copy it really stops you getting bored and gives you some great ideas, I will be using mine a lot next week xx

Amina
    Visitor

Hi Melissa,

Just as rice is a staple diet for others, chapatis are our staples. I don't like rice very much. So even if there are plenty of delicious recipes, I will still miss having chapatis (with curries). I was like this since I was very young.

My digestive track only got messed up later after excessive stress and trauma. Fast foods, chocolates and sugar (comfort eating) did the worst damage.

Anyway I have been through ten days of Ph1, it's time I swapped to Ph2.

Hope you have every success this time,

Best Wishes xx