Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: First Time Visitors, please read this

Hi, I've complete phase 1, my symptoms has mostly subsided. It was hellish, honestly. I have really really really achey legs, sore hips and I just can't relieve it, or relax them. What on earth can I do to help it, and how long will this go on for???
    Laura

iccleica
    Visitor

Hi there, I got the books yesterday and will be shopping tomorrow ready to get started on Sunday; I am really hopeful after 20 years of bulimia / compulsive dieting / compulsive over-eating etc etc. I've tried every diet, pill and potion going and the worst of it is I never had a weight / food problem until I went on that first diet. I really want to get out of the binge-diet cycle and free myself from the torment it brings so that I can start living my life. Hopefully this is the way forward.
    Just two quick questions please - as I am on a budget, are frozen vegetables OK? I will buy as much fresh as I can afford but it would be good to be able to get frozen when money is tight. And in Phase 2 when you reintroduce cheese, can blue cheeses be included if you don't have Candida? Thank you xx

Hello and welcome!

Yes on both counts - frozen veg are good and possibly actually fresher than the so-called "fresh" ones sometimes.
    Blue cheeses are fine as long as you are absolutely sure there's no candida lurking - just take it in moderation to make sure.

Welcome to the forum and good luck! Just post if you have any questions and you´ll get lots of encouragement and support.

Hi! This is my first time on the forum - well any forum to be exact!! I'm on day 135 of my fourth attempt at THD!! This time I've got my head around it and the results have been amazing so far! Since starting at the end of June I have lost the equivalent of 10 bags of sugar!! So pleased that I have finally fully committed to this wonderful and healthy way of eating and have stopped obsessing over bad foods. I do have a bit of a dilema for next week.....I live in UAE and for 4 days have a diving course that I'm attending where I have to take my own lunch. I'm trying really hard not to eat bread or bread products as they were my previous downfalls in trying to lose weight so sandwiches are really out of the question! I need ideas for food that I can take along, bearing in mind we currently have 34 degrees heat and I don't know if there will be a refrigerator to keep the food in so will only have a small insulated lunch bag, and I also need ideas for foods that do not cause (excuse the directness...) excess gas!!! I'm currently in phase 1 (again) and ideally would like to stay the few extra days that I will be on the course in phase 1 BUT I will, if I have to, move into phase 2!! If I can lose 2 kilos before Sunday then I will happily go into phase 2 but what I really don't want to happen (as has happened before) is that I put a few more pounds back on once I come out of phase 1 and don't stick rigidly to phase 2!! Any help/advice will be gratefully appreciated!! Thanks )

Hi and well done on a fantastic weight loss! It's always difficult with packed lunches, and even more so when there's no fridge or microwave! What I'd suggest is tinned fish - sardines, mackerel, tuna. If you're venturing into phase 2 and have an insulated bag then some hard cheese or a pasta salad. If it's really difficult for you I'd be inclined to have some brazil nuts handy - I know they're phase 3 but it's better to have some healthy to hand than to be so hungry you just eat the first thing you come across. Good luck

Well done!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Hi all. Day 2 of phase 1 and boy do I have a headache! I'm in bed trying to get rid of my headache! Muscles are sore too. I knew it would be bad but I just hope it's worth it. I have a load of weight to lose and want to find a sustainable way of eating. Mum of three children and finding being under the weather and juggling life quite challenging at the mo. But I want to lose weight and be healthy soooooo much! I look forward to your posts as so far in two days they have been great.

[QUOTE=Sue;216949]Hi and well done on a fantastic weight loss! It's always difficult with packed lunches, and even more so when there's no fridge or microwave! What I'd suggest is tinned fish - sardines, mackerel, tuna. If you're venturing into phase 2 and have an insulated bag then some hard cheese or a pasta salad. If it's really difficult for you I'd be inclined to have some brazil nuts handy - I know they're phase 3 but it's better to have some healthy to hand than to be so hungry you just eat the first thing you come across. Good luck [/QUOTE]

Thanks Sue! Greatly appreciated!!

Default Greek style yogurt

Hi have just joined, have read most of the book, and have started to reduce tea and coffee, will be starting phase one Monday. I love greek style full fat yogurt and want to know can i still eat this on phase 1,2 and 3. Thank you, Gillian