Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: First Time Visitors, please read this

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

As long as the yogurt is live it's fine.

Welcome to the forum & good luck for Monday
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

Well today is my first day on this diet so fingers crossed!

Default Gently does it!

Hi my name is Gillian, posted here on Friday and said I would start phase one today, however can not bring myself to do it yet. Let me explain, I am a recovering alcoholic, nearly two years without alcohol, I know I have replaced alcohol with sugar from things like chocolate, biscuits, and cakes ect. I have managed to lose
    Two and a half stone, but have put half a stone back on. So I thought maybe I will start by allowing myself two choc biscuits a day, continue to wean myself off tea coffee ect. Feel a bit of a failure, but I can not put my sobriety in danger. If anyone can offer any advice I would be grateful.
    Ps I am dyslexic so please excuse any
    spelling mistakes .

Hi Gillian,

Welcome to the forums! Great to have you aboard.

I agree that your sobriety cannot be jeopardised and that you will need to take things slowly.

I think that if you plan your menus really carefully and stick to them; it will be possible - difficult - but possible!

Keep posting for support and don't worry about spelling

Oh! Stop feeling like a failure right now! A failure wouldn't posting and asking for advice or support! Taking those first steps, as you know, are so important.

Thinking about it, you could probably use a lot of the knowledge gained from giving up alcohol to aid in your giving up of sugar - both are toxic and both are very addictive! Sugar possibly more so due to the lack of stigmatisation by society!

You can do it - if you can give up alcohol; you can do this and we're here for you, willing you to succeed!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Hi Gillian, well done for joining and posting, And for being so honest! +1 for everyone mat said!

Is it worth upgrading for a short while so you can get some support and advice directly off Zoe? I think she would be able to help you here - by making it as painless as possible but still being effective. She usually has amazing advice, and often comes up with things that others wouldn't necessarily think of - and I agree in your case your sobriety is the most important factor here.

Good luck and keep posting!
    Xx

Hi Gillian, well done you for posting your concerns. I gave up the cigarettes and like you turned to sweet an sugary food and piled on the pounds! Good luck

I have just been diagnosed with an under active thyroid, will this diet still e effective does anyone know?

@ Gillian... If you have already been successful in giving up alcohol.then that says a lot about your strength of character and ability to focus. Take things slowly,and do what is necessary so that you do not jeopardise your sobriety.
    If you like chocolate-maybe try introducing darker varieties until you are comfortable with at least 85% or even 90-100%. Then you can have a bit without doing too much damage-and there will be no wheat as in biscuits. It's just a thought-but find what works for you.
    Good luck...and the same to Soontobeslim...x
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

[QUOTE=SoontobeslimItalyis;217824]Hi Gillian, well done you for posting your concerns. I gave up the cigarettes and like you turned to sweet an sugary food and piled on the pounds! Good luck

I have just been diagnosed with an under active thyroid, will this diet still e effective does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I don't think there can be anything as effective as eating real food!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

[QUOTE=Mat;217829]I don't think there can be anything as effective as eating real food! [/QUOTE]

I could really do with some help and advice regarding quick lunches while on P1? Can anyone help. Sorry I am finding my way this site and how to post messages, any advice on this also welcome :-)

Many of us have last nights leftovers-eat cold chicken or fish with mayo...or reheat any thing else - like curries or stews if you have access to a microwave. Also-tinned fish is great-and very fast!
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.