Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: First Time Visitors, please read this

Thanks for the speedy answer. I can't drink regular tea, it makes me really ill and I have yet to find a herbal tea that I can get to like, and believe me I have tried. I guess that's me just on water then. When will I be able to have milk in coffee? And are sweeteners a big no no all through the diet Phases?

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

You can have milk as long as you're not dairy intolerant in Phase 2.
    Sweeteners are pretty much a no-no.
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

Devizes, Wiltshire. Originally from Essex. Well Reem! :)

Hi there,

I am new today after having heard Zoe talk on Radio 2 recently. Not really sure where I get the details on how to follow this plan. Can anyone help?

Hello Nell

When I started back in March, I read the free info on the website, then ordered the book "Why do you overeat when all you want is to be slim?"from the library. The book was so brilliant and I seemed to have most of the food problems mentioned, so I bought my own copy, and then the recipe book and joined the forum. Everything you need to know is in the book. If you think of anything extra, there are some brilliant people on this forum who can help. With hindsight, I would have skipped ordering the book from the library and waiting for it to come in, and bought my own copy immediately to save time and be able to get straight on with the plan.

Good luck....Jennye

Nell PS. I have lost a stone but more importantly I have sorted out my Hypoglycaemia and feel GOOD !

Hi. Nell

Welcome to the forums!

The 'stop counting calories and start losing weight ' book really tells you all about the diet and goes into all the details about the 3 conditions

Very highly recommended; if not essential!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Devizes, Wiltshire. Originally from Essex. Well Reem! :)

[QUOTE=Mat;174491]Hi. Nell

Welcome to the forums!

The 'stop counting calories and start losing weight ' book really tells you all about the diet and goes into all the details about the 3 conditions

Very highly recommended; if not essential![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. Downloaded the Stop Counting Book onto my kindle yesterday and haven't put it down. Excellent book and really easy to read as have tried to read many of these kinds of books over the years and have kind of glazed over before but, Zoe has a real flare for writing and I have found it all very interesting.

One question .... can I have Mayonnaise on Phase 1? Cant see it listed in foods but thought that the content of mayo was just oil & eggs?? Thanks

SallyMR
    Visitor

Hi I've just joined and am starting Phase 1 tomorrow. I take Benefiber on a daily basis, can I still take this during this phase?

Hi and welcome to the forum, I'm not sure about the Benefiber because of the carbs that it contains, how much of it do you take a day? There are lots of experts on here that will be able to answer your question properly. Good luck with phase 1.

SallyMR
    Visitor

[QUOTE=44sara86;174742]Hi and welcome to the forum, I'm not sure about the Benefiber because of the carbs that it contains, how much of it do you take a day? There are lots of experts on here that will be able to answer your question properly. Good luck with phase 1.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I take one sachet (3gm) three times a day. It's wheat dextrin and an insoluble fibre so maybe it is a no for Phase 1 but ok for phase 2?