Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: First Time Visitors, please read this

I forgot to weigh myself before I started this! Do'h! But I know I've lost a bit of weight as I can feel it in my clothes. Hardest part I've found is managing to eat 3 times a day! I wouldnt eat breakfast, seldom eat dinner but have my tea and then 'pick'. I'm on day 5 of phase 1 and I do feel a little groggy but otherwise good as I've survived the first week! However I cannot eat NLY! I tried! It took me an hour to eat a tiny pot as I think it's disgusting! Anything else I could have??? Also I do feel naughty as I've tried to cut out coffee and I just couldn't! I'm naughty and have 2 black coffees a day! I will kill someone if I don't have coffee.

Welcome to the forums! - maybe try to reduce the caffeine gradually if you can.

Re the Yogurt - you'll find that your tastes will change loads as you go along. I used to have the biggest sweet tooth ever, but after a few months off sugar my tastes completely changed - I started to like stronger flavours (decaff) black coffee and olives for example & found that real food like tomatoes tasted really sweet!

I don't like NLY either - never have and after two and a half years I still don't. Don't worry about it and don't force yourself to eat something you find distasteful! The best thing about it is the healthy bacteria - I take a probiotic tablet daily instead.

Are you carrying on with Phase 1 for a little longer or moving on to Phase 2? If moving on, please read the phase 2 sticky first for some excellent advice.

Re the coffee - if you can wean yourself off it that would be great as it causes production of insulin. There are some excellent decaff ones around.

Jabeen
    Visitor

Hello I am a new member and this is my first post (so a little nervous).

Please could anyone advise me on sweetners, I have read about stevia / Truvia ?

I have just finished phase 1 and will go into phase 2 tomorrow. Would love to sweeten my porridge or coffee.

cardiffgirl
    Visitor

Hello, I am new to this diet too, after hearing Zoe on BBC Radio Wales last week. I am on day 3 of phase one - I didnt weigh before I started because I then become obsessed with scales. My OH is Type II diabetic, and is doing this too. He has always been a carb nightmare, breakfast dinner and tea, so he is struggling more than I am. I keep spouting passages (like Lady MacBeth he suggested...!) from Zoes book at him and finally he is beginning to listen to me.

I still cant get over eating 'naughty' stuff like oil (Ratatouille last night was great) and Butternut Squash curry today (we are vegetarian) - am struggling to eat all the rice!!!

Am sort of wondering if I am eating too much but am definitely following the plan. We shall see - or rather will be so happy at the joy of getting into my clothes again.....and being able to eat SO much!!!!

Cravings - not for carbs, just something sweet - but have kept off the sweetners, I just keep going back and reading the book (to remind myself that yes, one little sweetner WILL hurt!!!).

I do feel better I have to say, but it all seems to good to be true and not the normal drudge of a diet, so I almost feel I will put on weight, fingers crossed for the opposite!!!

Tracey

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

Welcome both, sweeteners are best avoided Jabeen, they just keep your sweet tooth alive.

Well done on getting your husband involved Cardiffgirl. If you are in Cardiff we meet up for lunch now & again if you'd like to join us.
    Next meeting is this Saturday, let me know if you're interested. The details are in the Great & Meet part of the forum.
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

Welcome to the forum. It does sound naughty eating lots of the lovely stuff on this diet, but it does work. Make sure you don't force yourself to eat everything, just eat until you're comfortably full. You are likely to miss sweet stuff but once you get over the cravings it will make the diet much easier! Keep posting up so we can see how you're getting on!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

cardiffgirl
    Visitor

[QUOTE=hattie the cattie;178721]Welcome both, sweeteners are best avoided Jabeen, they just keep your sweet tooth alive.

Well done on getting your husband involved Cardiffgirl. If you are in Cardiff we meet up for lunch now & again if you'd like to join us.
    Next meeting is this Saturday, let me know if you're interested. The details are in the Great & Meet part of the forum.[/QUOTE]

Hi Hattie - that would be lovely but work commitments mean I couldnt this time, but maybe next time if I am still invited!!!

We are actually vegetarian and almost dairy free, but keep chickens so eat lots of lovely fresh eggs now (we used to sell most of them....)
    THD just feels so completely alien to every other diet book, yet to me it makes more sense - and am looking forward to that programme on BBC2 9. p.m. Thursday - I think that will be all about the low fat diet being the reason some of us struggle! I would say apart from my chocolate craving we eat 'healthily' but really its so carb filled, no wonder we are both fat.... sorry - will shut up now as am taking over and only talking to the converted!!!!!!
    :-)

Hope it's okay to ask the question here, in phase one is corn on the cob okay, or tinned sweetcorn in water, love them both dearly.

Hi, I'm a newby to this, 2 days into Phase 2 and lost 7 and a half pound in Phase 1. My question is Fruit, I live in Spain and there is literally tons of really good quality cheap fruit available and I love it but I'm thinking that it doesn't fit with THD, would that be right? Also tomatoes? Love em but can I eat them with a salad in Phase 2 or is this really bad.
    Confused.com