Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: First Time Visitors, please read this

[QUOTE=Ianthestocky;183780]Hi, I'm a newby to this, 2 days into Phase 2 and lost 7 and a half pound in Phase 1. My question is Fruit, I live in Spain and there is literally tons of really good quality cheap fruit available and I love it but I'm thinking that it doesn't fit with THD, would that be right? Also tomatoes? Love em but can I eat them with a salad in Phase 2 or is this really bad.
    Confused.com[/QUOTE]

Tomatoes, although strictly fruit, are treated as veg and are absolutely fine in salads and cooked (many recipes in the book include them)

Fruit can be eaten in carb meals, eg try the fruit platter from the recipe book, but try to avoid grazing on it throughout the day. At meals eat it as the starter rather than dessert.

If you don't have the books it is definitely worth getting them!

Hi
    I was a member here at the end of last year, but had some personal traumas after xmas and fell off the wagon. I had lost a stone and a bit after 3 weeks, and was doing really well. I've put some lbs back on, but haven't gone to the start weight I was before xmas thank goodness.

I couldn't remember my username before so had to re-register.

Am I right in thinking that if you're registered you can't post or reply to any threads other than those in this section unless you upgrade your account? It's just money's very very tight for me and I can't really justify paying to use the forum, and I do so want to participate again and give/get support.

Thanks for that Joro, I've got the kindle version of the book and have been really motivated by it. My Partner is in the UK for 3 weeks so she's gonna pick up a copy of the recipe book for me, so I'm relying on the forums and website in the meantime, I have been good having fruit as a starter and only before a carb meal. Is it ok to chop a banana into my water based porridge in the morning?
    When my partner gets back I'm gonna try and get her onto THD aswell, it will make meal times alot easier

Margrete
    Visitor

Hello all, this is my first post. I'm now on Day 5 of Phase 1 and have lost 1 1/2 pounds since Tuesday this week.

Margaret

do you eat your porridge with water or milk in p2? also, do you have to keep quantity of oats at 50g still? so confused.com

You can have porridge with Skimmed Milk in phase 2 and can have as many oats as fill you up! (carb meal)
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Aquarius
    Visitor

when I have porridge as a carb meal on Phase 2 it is more like a bucket than a bowl - soaked in milk, topped with berries and NLY. Enjoy

[QUOTE=muddles;183871]Hi
    I was a member here at the end of last year, but had some personal traumas after xmas and fell off the wagon. I had lost a stone and a bit after 3 weeks, and was doing really well. I've put some lbs back on, but haven't gone to the start weight I was before xmas thank goodness.

I couldn't remember my username before so had to re-register.

Am I right in thinking that if you're registered you can't post or reply to any threads other than those in this section unless you upgrade your account? It's just money's very very tight for me and I can't really justify paying to use the forum, and I do so want to participate again and give/get support.[/QUOTE]

Hi Muddles - glad you came back! Hopefully you'll get the motivation you need on here. You can keep posting as a registered guest or you could upgrade to Forum Member which is the cheapest membership at £1 per month. Either way, good luck with THD!

Hi everyone,my name is jaqui, have been on diet for about six weeks now, just wanted to let you know i have lost just over a stone, feel great, and all, and i mean all my cravings have gone. I would never have thought this possible.
    Hope this gives anyone hope who may be struggling.!

Hi Jaqui welcome to the forum ... fantastic loss so far ... well done you!