Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: First Time Visitors, please read this

[QUOTE=oscanator123;187975]Hi everyone,my name is jaqui, have been on diet for about six weeks now, just wanted to let you know i have lost just over a stone, feel great, and all, and i mean all my cravings have gone. I would never have thought this possible.
    Hope this gives anyone hope who may be struggling.![/QUOTE]
    Hey well done you, I know what you mean about the cravings, great for you.

.....Second time to write this, lost the first one, which may be down to the query I have?!

Hello,
    I am on Phase 1 day 5 and I have a couple of queries. I have been following the rules and I am losing weight..however, I am feeling a bit spaced out or doddery or disjointed, not sure what the word might be for it.... almost clumsy.... I'm putting it down to the shock to the system, although I had been leading myself up to Phase one over the previous week... Does this ring any bells with anyone cos it is giving me just a little bit of concern....I wondered if it was indicative of anything else..
    Also, I am pretty hungry all the time. For example, dinner yesterday was 1 and 1/2 Pork Chops (my daughter got half of one!) with lots of veg and salad...within about 3/4 hour I was hungry.... same thing happens at lunch and now, as I right this, I've just had 50g Porridge cooked in water.... My tummy is rumbling constantly....

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

ndot
    Visitor

Hi all,
    I'm a newbie here too, just started Phase 1 today and I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm aiming to lose 10kgs on THD (so that's about 22 lbs? - I live in Australia, hence the kgs, not lbs). Most of this weight is from my last pregnancy (my 2nd child is now 14 months) and it just isn't shifting though I am the first to admit that my diet of recent months has not helped the situation AT ALL. I am a lover of all things potato so I know that this first phase will be a bit of a challenge. But I'm ready to do something about my weight and so here I am day one...

Looking forward to reading and learning more about THD on this site

Welcome to the forums! - There are quite a few Aussies on here so you are in good company!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

welcome and good luck

Welcome ndot!

Whereabouts in Oz are you? I'm in SE Qld...

Sue

[QUOTE=Boris;190356].....Second time to write this, lost the first one, which may be down to the query I have?!

Hello,
    I am on Phase 1 day 5 and I have a couple of queries. I have been following the rules and I am losing weight..however, I am feeling a bit spaced out or doddery or disjointed, not sure what the word might be for it.... almost clumsy.... I'm putting it down to the shock to the system, although I had been leading myself up to Phase one over the previous week... Does this ring any bells with anyone cos it is giving me just a little bit of concern....I wondered if it was indicative of anything else..
    Also, I am pretty hungry all the time. For example, dinner yesterday was 1 and 1/2 Pork Chops (my daughter got half of one!) with lots of veg and salad...within about 3/4 hour I was hungry.... same thing happens at lunch and now, as I right this, I've just had 50g Porridge cooked in water.... My tummy is rumbling constantly....

Any ideas?

Many Thanks[/QUOTE]

Boris

So sorry we missed your query, how are you going now? Experiencing hunger when you first start Phase 1 is not uncommon and usually just means you need to eat more food and particularly more FAT. While some people manage very well and lose weight with rolled oats for a meal, many others find that it barely keeps them going for an hour.

I'm not too sure what the "spaced out" feeling you were/are experiencing is about, maybe it is part of the getting rid of Candida, I'm not sure. Are you drinking enough fluids? Water, decaf tea and coffee, fruit teas etc/

Would love to know how you are now.

Sue

Hey Boris,

Welcome to the forums!

Definitely try and eat more! The whole basis for this diet is to not be hungry!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Hey Boris - I too had the spaced out feeling at first - I described it as feeling as if my head was full of cotton wool. I think it's part of the withdrawl symptoms from the sugar and the caffeine. It went away after the first week - hope yours is getting better

ndot
    Visitor

[QUOTE=2nd_Alto;192521]Welcome ndot!

Whereabouts in Oz are you? I'm in SE Qld...

Sue[/QUOTE]

Hi Sue,
    I'm in Melbourne. It's great to hear that there are a few Aussies on here, I'm hoping that someone has discovered where to find bacon and ham that doesn't have sugar or any of those 'ose' ingredients. I was at an independent deli hoping to find ham that I can eat and the deli assistant told me that all ham has sugar in it...not sure how true this is??