Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: First Time Visitors, please read this

hello,Im new to this and a bit confused with what I can eat.Ive done phase 1 and lost 3lb,am a bit disappointed Started phase two today and have had milk in my decaff,is any milk ok? also I only eat fish,no other meat,but can I use the frozen bags of quorn mince,would it be a fat or carb? can I have cheese and yoghurt on it? Hope someone can help,thankyou

Hello 123littlestars, welcome to the forum.

Don't be disappointed with a 3lb loss on Phase 1, it is very good, well done. Especially if you don't eat meat.

Yes, the book says you can use the frozen bags of Quorn mince and "with either a fat or carb meal" - so presumably if you added cheese it would be a fat meal, if you added them to just tomatoes and vegetables it could be part of a carb meal. The yoghurt again, if you have full fat yoghurt with the Quorn, it would then make it a fat meal, so no carbs with it but if you wanted to have yoghurt with a carb meal, use fat free. I know it is quite a bit to get your head around but reading and re reading the book helps enormously.

Re the milk - yes you can have milk if you don't have any problems with it. But milk does contain fats and carbs so if you are drinking several cups of decaf with milk through the day that constant drip of carbs into your system may well prevent fat loss.

Have you got the book?

Sue

[QUOTE=Tiggy;198696]Hi Everyone

Thanks for the warm wishes and praise.

Just thought you would like to know i am slowly working through the recipes - love the chessy cod and burgers!
    I'm trying to persuade hubby to try the buttery coffee, but he is not keen!
    I've had to buy new glasses to read the labels!
    I'll keep you posted
    xx[/QUOTE]

Funny you should say that, I just realised on my last shopping trip that I had to keep my reading glasses perched on my head ready to read all the labels, something I didn't bother with so much in the past, then I would just fish them from my bag every now and then, now they are an essential part of my shopping kit!!

[QUOTE=123littlestars;198706]hello,Im new to this and a bit confused with what I can eat.Ive done phase 1 and lost 3lb,am a bit disappointed Started phase two today and have had milk in my decaff,is any milk ok? also I only eat fish,no other meat,but can I use the frozen bags of quorn mince,would it be a fat or carb? can I have cheese and yoghurt on it? Hope someone can help,thankyou[/QUOTE]

Quorn mince and Quorn 'chicken style' pieces are ideal for this diet and can be incorporated into either fat or carb meals as 2nd_Alto says. The beauty of you being almost a veggie (a Pescatarian in fact) is that every meal you eat with purely veggies and Quorn will always be a carb meal and it's only when you add dairy, cheese, fish or eggs that you will turn them into fat meals. I am eating similarly to you at the moment (I'm normally a full vegetarian) as I am occasionally having fish to broaden my horizons slightly. It's very 'do-able' on this diet as either a 'Pesci' or Veggie and there's no need to eat red meat or chicken if you don't want to.

Morning,thankyou so much for those replies.Thats great news,as I eat lots of quorn for my chilli and bolognaise,would be a real treat to be able to fry the mince and have cheese I did weightwatchers for several years,lost 3 stone but put one back on so thats why Im here.As you can imagine this way of eating seems too good to be true to me,but Im going to stick with it and finally enjoy eating again! Love the forums,so helpful and friendly.Look forward to joining you all.x

sorry Sue,yes I got the two books,they seem to be stuck to the end of my nose at the minute!

graciehannah
    Visitor

[QUOTE=123littlestars;198745]Morning,thankyou so much for those replies.Thats great news,as I eat lots of quorn for my chilli and bolognaise,would be a real treat to be able to fry the mince and have cheese I did weightwatchers for several years,lost 3 stone but put one back on so thats why Im here.As you can imagine this way of eating seems too good to be true to me,but Im going to stick with it and finally enjoy eating again! Love the forums,so helpful and friendly.Look forward to joining you all.x[/QUOTE]

hello 123 little stars i am starting the diet tomorrow! eeek xx

Welcome to the forums!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

JaneHelen
    Visitor

Hello everyone, I am new too.
    My daughter started this diet 2 weeks ago and lost 3lb on phase 1, she was a little disappointed as she had stuck to it completely. She went onto phase 2 after 7 days on phase 1 and after 6 days on phase 2 she put on 2lbs. You can imagine how disappointed she was :-( She has gone on holiday now but planning to try phase 1 again when she gets home.
    My husband and me are on day 3 of Phase 1 and I have to say I am constantly hungry and not feeling too well. Alos has anyone notice they need to pee a lot more? I had to get up 5 times in the night last night, I don't usually get up at all.
    Thanks for any help you can give us.

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

Welcome to the forum JaneHelen.
    If you are hungry, eat more - apart from the brown rice/oats there is no limit to quantities. It is quite normal to feel a bit unwell during Phase 1 & if your body is letting go of water that's a good sign.

It's quite common to stall or sometimes regain early in Phase 2. Get your daughter to read the Phase 2 sticky & see if any of that rings any bells. The usual problem is introducing too much too soon.
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos