Pork, Chicken or Beef Kebabs
This can be done with any meat that you like. It can also be done any time of the year under a hot grill, or during the summer at barbecues. This is a great dish for children but it is also a perfect Phase 1 dish.
400g meat, diced
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon cardamom powder
¼ teaspoon garam masala
¼ teaspoon chilli powder
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red & 1 yellow pepper, deseeded
200g mushrooms (or pepper strips or courgette slices) – Not if a phase 1 meal
(& barbecue skewers)
1) Cut the meat into 2-3cm cubes.
2) Mix the oil, lemon juice, spices and garlic.
3) Pour the mixture over the meat, cover and marinate for 60-90 minutes.
4) Chop the pepper into 2-3cm squares and alternate them with the meat cubes and whole mushrooms as you slide them onto the skewers.
5) Barbecue, or grill under a high flame, for 10 minutes.
Serve with grilled or barbecued aubergine slices or any other barbecued/ grilled veg (courgettes work really well too).
Wheat free, dairy free