Champion Karen Fevyer

18 stone Karen had a history of medical issues, but the lump she found in her breast was the real wake-up call. Now six stone lighter, Karen feels far healthier and more confident than ever.

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Karen Fevyer. I’m 43 years old Design Technology technician at a local school here in rural Cambridgeshire. I share my life with my two wonderful 12-year olds: twins Holly and James.

I’ve spent years with one health issue after another: adult acne; lethargy; seriously-low B12 levels; and jaundice caused by a gall stone stuck in my bile duct. Then there were the painful knees and hips, back-aches and everything else that goes with being seven stone overweight!

I lost two stone on The Harcombe Diet back in 2010, but then my gall bladder went seriously wrong. I could hardly eat anything without great pain, so I just gave up.

I farted around with Slimming World after that – losing and regaining the same 10 lbs over and over.

What was the final straw to taking control?
Just before Christmas 2013, I found a lump in my breast. The doctor reassured me it was just fatty tissue, but it was more than that: it was the reality check that I needed to think about the possibility of leaving my children without a mother.

It was this health scare to push me back to THD and a passion that I was going to do it properly this time; for myself and my kids.

What has been the biggest benefit to you of getting to your current weight?
I’ve lost many things actually, and all good! There’s the six stone, my acne, and nearly all of my aches and pains!

I am a lot more healthy, lead a more active life and, of course, I can wear pretty much whatever I want. It’s so refreshing being able to walk into any high street store without worrying about their size range.

I really have more confidence in everything that I do, and feel a lot more in control of all aspects of my life.

Do you have any advice to our readers?
Persevere. That’s it. Not everyone can enjoy a fast and huge loss of weight; it can be a slow and steady journey. I lost a lot of weight very quickly, but have stayed pretty much the same for the last year.

I will say that the website forum has been absolutely fantastic, and the super-members offer a gold mine of information and support. If you have ANY questions, ask on the forum. You will probably get an answer within minutes!

19 thoughts on “Champion Karen Fevyer

• 25th September 2015 at 10:38 am

Well done! Such a great story and so pleased you are lighter and ( more importantly) healthier 🙂 Congratulations on being a Harcombe Diet Champion 🙂

• 25th September 2015 at 10:38 am

Your before and after photos are amazing. You look so healthy and glamorous. Inspirational.

• 25th September 2015 at 10:38 am

Absolutely fabulous transformation Karen. You look amazing.

• 25th September 2015 at 10:38 am

Karen – to quote another champion. Wow just wow. You look so well and happy.

• 25th September 2015 at 10:38 am

Blimey Karen! I didn’t recognise you from your “before photo! What an amazing transformation!! x

• 25th September 2015 at 10:38 am

Great to see your story set out in full Karen, and a real testament to your determination. That will act as inspiration to everyone jut starting their Harcombe journey, or who’ve tried and not succeeded previously. Fabulous lady!

• 25th September 2015 at 10:38 am

Hi Karen

Im starting the diet tomorrow, ive booked a week off work, cleaned out the cupboards and freezer,been shopping and got all my veg, salad stuff and meat today.Ive just weighed myself and got the tape measure out.
    Im 43 and im 18 stone 9 pounds and 5ft 6

Ive got all THD books and have read up on it for the past month…………..it is now or never!!!!!!!!!

• 25th September 2015 at 10:38 am

Sounds like a perfect start, Kezabean 🙂 Good luck!

• 25th September 2015 at 10:38 am

Yes Kezabean go for it – hell for leather. It has already transformed your way of thinking and now will do the same for your life.

• 25th September 2015 at 10:38 am

kezabean: Hi Karen

Im 43 and im 18 stone 9 pounds and 5ft 6

go for it!!! i had my now or never moment 🙂