Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Be Patient!

Default Be Patient!

I wanted to share my experience for those newcomers who might be impatient to lose weight quick. I tried for years to lose weight and had no result. To join THD and lose half of my target weight on phase 1 was exhilarating. The problem is, that rate of weight loss didn't continue. I got dispondent, overanalysed everything and moped about. One week I might only lose 1lb or gain 1lb or lose nothing. Considering I only had 7 more pounds to lose I can't believe how important those 7lbs meant to me, I might as well be climbing Mount Everest. Through support on the forum, I realised that on this way of eating, you're allowed to relax, to stop expecting weight loss every week. I was told that your body will lose weight when it is ready. You know what? They were right. It took me over 3 months to lose those 7lbs, and then to my surprise I then lost another 7lbs over the course of another 3 months. Once my body was happy, it dumped the fat and I discovered my natural weight at last.

My advice to those out there just starting, is to relax. Stick to the rules and trust the process. Stop beating yourself up and over analysing everything. It's a life long plan, and it does work. That is my experience, I hope it helps!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Well said Lizzi.

also the stressing about our weight is counter productive s we will release cortisol. I always seem to lose when I am least thinking about it and gain when I am obsessing!!! But that could be linked to my hormones!!

Well said Lizzi! I so think sometimes people tend to jump to conclusions about intollerances too soon without giving their bodies a chance to get used to the new way of eating sometimes.

Thanks for that Lizzi - it needed to be said.

As someone who would like to lose 1/2st too - I wholeheartedly agree. Am just going to go with the flow & if it happens it happens - I love THD!

Ruthie

Lizzi, you've put into words what I'm often thinking.
    Ruthie, that last 1/2 stone will probably slip away when you least expect it.

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

I'm like Ruthie, I would like to lose another 7 lbs but I know it doesn't happen because I do cheat too often. I have been cheat free now since Friday so hopefully if I can keep it up for a while a couple of pounds will disappear. The rest will follow but I know what I have to do, not stress about it and NOT TO CHEAT!!
    Good thread Lizzie!

Well said, Lizzi!
    3 stone gone forever! Gluten free phase 3.

Wish i'd read that before i had my toy out of pram throwing episode just now :0(

[QUOTE=Halina;135185]Wish i'd read that before i had my toy out of pram throwing episode just now :0([/QUOTE]

Its good to rant, especially in a safe environment. You know all the answers Halina, it will happen but it may take time for your body to trust you.

The girl in the office is literally starving her body if she is low fat and low carb at the same time, not good.

We al have bloaty days, very annoying, some days my skinny jeans become really tight on my legs where I am holding water. Make sure you are eating enough good salt and drinking lots, hold firm, you will get the results you deserve.

Lucy x

I am the same, another 7lbs would be great, but if not I am not too fussed now. Keep getting remarks on how well I look, so that is more important to me.