Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Be Patient!

Another on here. Totally agree. THD is all about getting out of the compulsive need to lose weight. When you get down to the category "they!" like to percieve as overweight, it is very difficult to get down. Our heads say one weight and bodies another. Because my body is such a mess after years of bingeing one minute and dieting (STARVING) the next, it has finally said its had enough. I remaIN AT A WEIGHT THAT IS 7LBS OVER THE WEIGHT i WANT TO BE, BUT EVEN IF i GET DOWN TO THAT WEIGHT, IT VERY SOON COMES BACK ON AGAIN. Knock the obsessing on the head while you can, and just relax, eat what Zoe recommends, (you may have to experiment a bit) and go with the flow. If you want to lose weight dont cheat!

Have you noticed that there is a figure that keeps coming up SEVEN POUNDS! I suspect that even were we to get rid of this seven pounds we would still say we want to get rid of said seven pounds!

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

Can we make this a sticky ?
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

Great post Lizzi! You've put in words what we all need to remind ourselves of on occasion.

And-like Alix-I hate to see the panic that too often results in people cutting out foods, or re-doing. It takes the body a while to adapt-this is not a quick fix.

Aw thanks Howie - touched!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

@ Kate (HTC)

I don't see why not!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

Thanks Mat
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

antsmummy
    Visitor

Thank you for writing this, it's making me feel a lot better about my hd journey. I should know by now that weightloss isn't an instant thing!
    Thank you for turning it into a sticky too, a bit of inspiration for us all x

[QUOTE=Trish Cherry;135196]Another on here. Totally agree. THD is all about getting out of the compulsive need to lose weight. When you get down to the category "they!" like to percieve as overweight, it is very difficult to get down. Our heads say one weight and bodies another. Because my body is such a mess after years of bingeing one minute and dieting (STARVING) the next, it has finally said its had enough. I remaIN AT A WEIGHT THAT IS 7LBS OVER THE WEIGHT i WANT TO BE, BUT EVEN IF i GET DOWN TO THAT WEIGHT, IT VERY SOON COMES BACK ON AGAIN. Knock the obsessing on the head while you can, and just relax, eat what Zoe recommends, (you may have to experiment a bit) and go with the flow. If you want to lose weight dont cheat!

Have you noticed that there is a figure that keeps coming up SEVEN POUNDS! I suspect that even were we to get rid of this seven pounds we would still say we want to get rid of said seven pounds![/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right Trish I know obsess about one pound or two pounds - crazy!!!!

Ha ha, I also would like to GRASP!

*Get Rid (of) Another Seven Pounds

Thanks, Lizzi, for your post. I know I needed to hear it.
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it’s accepted as being self-evident.

Ooooh! - you are a monkey Peggy!

GRASP indeed! - I love it!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’