Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawn French

Forum Guest

Default Dawn French

Just read an article online in the Telegragh, reporting on an interview DF gave to Woman Magazine, saying that DF lost her 7 stone by restricting carbohydrates. She doesn't eat bread,pasta,etc etc.
    Obviously I don't know how true this all is, but if so its a great advert for dietery change effecting weight loss.I tend to admire DF and trust her honesty and integrity surrounding the furore about her weight loss, and how the popular press want her to have had surgery...

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9063059/Dawn-French-now-that-Ive-lost-my-blubber-its-too-cold-to-swim-in-the-sea.html

Sorry link won't work so you'll have to copy it to browser.

Ruthie

I've not read it yet,but I recently read an article in the Times by a woman journalist who said that women who are/were big,and quite vocal in their pride in themselves and who then go on to loose weight....are liars! Using Dawn French and Nigella Lawson,she claimed they've 'let women down' after telling them it's 'ok' to be big for so long.
    What a load of ****.I suppose with that logic,if Demi More and Angelina Jolie start to pile on the pounds,they will be letting the size zero sisterhood down.
    Whatever happened to being happy as you are,but also having the vision to know that life is about change...and that if it's the right time in your life to make changes-whether physical,work,relationship...then go for it!

[QUOTE=grumbleweed;139250] Dawn French and Nigella Lawson,she claimed they've 'let women down' after telling them it's 'ok' to be big for so long.
    [/QUOTE] I quite agree, they seem to be missing the point, these women were happy because they were happy women. They were making the best of their lives but probably were struggling with their weight issues. But they realised that they could be a bit happier, at least with their bodies if they lost a bit of weight. Jeez. I don't know how smart journalists can be so shallow as to think that everything that everyone says, is always what they mean. I always remember Jocelyn Brown (great singer) when interviewed on tv, the interviewer said "you're a poster girl for the larger woman.. you're happy being curvy, aren't you?", she said, "no, I'd rather be smaller". Just because someone doesn't talk down their body and go on about being overweight, doesn't mean that they're happy about it.

I always thought DF looked good but she had reached a point where she was starting to look "too fat" and it was aging her. I think she looks great now, good on her. She certainly looks well how ever shes done it, which isnt true of everyone who loses weight dramatically

Any pictures ive seen of dawn french since her weight loss she appears to look ill and tired! I must be reading the wrong magazines. She still looked very pretty when she was bigger but i hope she feels better for her weight loss xx

Just showed Stu and he thinks she looks too normal now and prefers her fatter! not much hope for me eh, DF is my thinspiration he better still like me when I have lost 7 St or else!

DF is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen: fat or slim. I know that when she was larger she was putting her health at risk, but boy did she have a wonderful face to go with the body. I like how fresh and happy she always looked. It's when I see women like her that I wonder what is the big deal of being too fat,... but not all us fatties are given the charm and beauty of DF and Nigella!

You can't put yourself in the category of 'us fatties' I'm afraid Laura - you are definitely in the category of 'us slimmies'!

I too agree that DF is very beautiful, which was apparent when she was bigger as well as smaller.