Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have so much weight to lose - anyone in same boat?

Default Have so much weight to lose - anyone in same boat?

Hi
    new member here. I have lots of weight to lose (over 3 stone) - am on phase 1 - anyone got similar experiences to share to encourage me?? Have read so many posts about losing 7lbs that I am feeling a bit challenged

Hiya,

Welcome to the forums!

Have a look at the links in my signature - There are quite a few people on here that have lost and maintained a loss of over 3 stones!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Registered Guest

I have about 10 stone to lose!!!

I set out wanting to lose 10 stone, and so far I have lost just over 5. If you stick to it you will lose your 3 stone. Good luck!

I have about 4 to lose and the best thing is I don't feel like I'm on a diet even my OH says it's not a diet

Welcome Elle. I don't post much on here anymore but do lurk still. I just wanted to say I lost over 3 stone last year on THD and despite having Christmas and birthdays and all the other occasions which food is so much a part of, have managed to maintain at 60-61kg (about 9st 7lbs) since just before Christmas. It might be that I could lose more, but I'm happyish at the weight I am (and people kept telling me not to lose any more!) so I now let myself have the occasional phase 3 treat or even just an outright treat. I was very, very strict with myself till I reached my target though, it just didn't seem worth cheating when I was only cheating myself.

Good luck with phase 1 (which can be pretty tough, but is worth it), not long till phase 2 and all the deliciousness that encompasses :-)

Ellie

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

Welcome to the forum.

I've lost over 3 stone. Don't worry there are plenty of ex-big people around.
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

I have lost 3 stone since 3rd January but still have 4 to go. You can do this if you get in the right frame of mind and don't stray. Best of luck. Kx

But before you think, we find it completely easy, we don't, we all have questions and do things wrong occasionally, or even sometimes cheat when we're on phase 2. But, the beauty of this forum is people here will answer questions as best they can or refer you to where you might get it, encourage to stay on track and not cheat, but help with damage limitation after a 'fall'. They may be some difficulties in that you're body may have an food intolerance or candida or hyperglacaemia or you may find it a breeze, but whatever, keep at it, because at its heart is trying to make you healthier at a lower weight (but maybe above your ideal) and get you to eat real food instead of a lot of processed crap that we're constantly being 'sold' everywhere we turn. Good luck and come back to the forum for any help.... ATALL.

Michelle46
    Visitor

Hi Elle and welcome. I am aiming for around 10 stone or so to lose, I will have to see how I feel as I get there, as never been slim as an adult! Good luck with your journey ............