Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: craving in phase 2

Default craving in phase 2

Hi I desperately craving for Wheat in Phase 2 what shell I do?

Avoid it like the plague!!

if you're craving it that badly then you probably have a wheat intolerance. Try to snack on something phase 1 friendly when the cravings hit - cold meats / hard boiled eggs etc.

Let us know how you get on!

+1 for Alix's advice. I too craved wheat and when I did try it realised I was intolerant. I don't touch the stuff now. There's lots of alternative meals to be had!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Stay away from it! It's the Devils food! Eat some meat or eggs-and have lots to eat at your meals-that will help keep cravings at bay.
    Dear Stomach,you are bored,not hungry. So shut up.

Default Craving wheat

Hi - I've just bought some Gluten free/wheat free brown ciabatta rolls and they're really every bit as good as the 'real thing'. They're part bake and can be found in the Gluten Free section at Asla. I had one yesterday with a bowl of thick home made vegetable soup and it was delicious ! There's a fairly wide choice of wheat free breads & biscuits on offer there.

Thanks to everyone for their support and advice about my diabetic husband and THD - he's already having to calculate his insulin intake dependent upon his carb intake so just has to be careful when thinking about carbs in vegetables.

Read "Wheat Belly" - that should sort you out!!!

Hi Sue, I had a look at these on the website and they have a few different ingredients that I was thinking I should stay away from on Phase 2 (Water , Maize Starch , Rice Flour , Sunflower Seeds (5%) , Buckwheat Flour , Linseed (4%) , Sugar Beet Syrup , Vegetable Fibre , Rice Starch , Apple Extract , Yeast , Thickener: (Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose) , Soya Protein Isolate , Salt , Vegetable Oil , Acidulant: (Tartaric Acid).)

Can anyone advise if I am right in thinking I should stay clear or are they okay to try?

Spot on Andy - unfortunately most wheat / gluten free "products" are hugely processed.

Always read ingredients lists - if it contains things that aren't real food (hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose anyone?) then stay away.

Sue, I've not touched wheat in any form for almost three years now. You really dont need it and the glten free/wheat free alternatives are probably worse. Apart from anything else that ingredients list is mixing but I wouldnt touch anything that processed with a barge pole.

The wheat/gluten free are worse as there is so much rubbish in them. Best to learn to go without completely.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman